cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I move to BBYW?

mhayden

Should I move to BBYW?

I am currently on PAYG and have 4gb for £16.49. I want the internet to be at my full line speed when I use it but aren't bothered about huge usage allowance. I mainly just use HTTP, and VOIP with the odd bit of gaming and the odd download (Windows and Game updates etc).
So would I be better sticking with PAYG given that I am usually happy with the 4gb I get and can add more if  I need to. Am I likely to be able to stay on this package for the foreseeable future if BBYW doesn't offer me anything better.
3 REPLIES 3
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Should I move to BBYW?

Yes, I'd say PAYG is your best bet; whilst HTTP and VoIP are prioritised on all products, download servers (which are often the hosts to things like Windows and game updates) are traffic-managed at peak times, so you wouldn't get your full line speed on BBYW. Staying on PAYG shouldn't be a problem; PlusNet have stated many times that they have no intention of moving people off old products if they want to stay on them. However, it might be that if your usage were to increase in the future, the current BBYW Pro might become suitable for you, as it's very similar to the old PAYG product.
chillypenguin
Grafter

IMHO stay with PAYG if you are happy paying £16.49 per month.
BBYW may save a few £££ per month, but not many, considering the speed restrictions that it brings.
Chilly
mhayden

Thanks for both the replies. That kind of confirms what I was thinking. I mainly wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks again.  Smiley