Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I change?

hulls
Grafter

Should I change?

Hi
At the moment I'm on BBYW option 2 with 15GB of download.  My son's home from uni soon for Christmas, and he likes his IPlayer!!
If I changed to Plusnet Premium (other than paying a bit extra each month)  what other differences would there be?  I believe that I'd be able to keep my web space and domain, etc.
Would I be landed with a long contract?
John
8 REPLIES 8
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Should I change?

Slower speeds!
http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Simon_M
Grafter

Quote from: hulls
Would I be landed with a long contract?

No, not any more.
If you took up the offer of free hardware (or any other deferred cost), you would be asked to pay for it if you left within 12 months, but the broadband contract itself is now only 10 days notice.
hulls
Grafter

I'm not too worried about the shaping at the moment (I don't use P2P or usenet for example, and although I do use a VPN, it's generally during the day)  If Iplayer etc isn't throttled, then it should be ok.  In fact, it's only when I have all three boys at home that I even get close to my 15GB limit.
My biggest concern would be that I could retain my web space and domain name, as at the moment, and also keep my static IP, (only because it makes it easier to control the stat counter I use)
John
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If I changed to Plusnet Premium (other than paying a bit extra each month)  what other differences would there be?  I believe that I'd be able to keep my web space and domain, etc.
Correct but make sure you document it on the ticket just to be certain
Mand
Grafter

Yep you can keep your current services.
Bear in mind that if you go through the upgrade journey it will schedule this for your next billing date, so you may need to request it soon for it to happen in time (failing that nudge me here and I'll do an immediate change for you when you need it).
hulls
Grafter

OK - did it (you convinced me Mand).  Moved to Premium from my next billing date by phone this morning.  Hopefully everything else will stay the same (Just remembered I didn't ask about VOIP minutes, but I can't remember when I last used it anyway) Cheesy
Thanks
John
Mand
Grafter

If it's a scheduled change you'll keep any currently active components, so your VoIP should be fine. Smiley
hulls
Grafter

Thanks Mand Smiley
Once again PN customer service is the tops