cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be syncing at a faster speed

R_
Grafter

Should I be syncing at a faster speed

Currently I'm syncing at 5920 kbps which is very similar to what I was receiving on BT Max Service.  When I was transferred from the LLU to the MAX service I had a bad experience with training, both the phone line died and the router was faulty.  Have I been stuck on some banded profile, my line attenuation is currently at 38db and various sources suggest that I should be able to sync at around 10000 kbps.  Also my router appears to be only connecting at ADSL2 not ADSL2+ again is this due to banded profile thinking that my line isn't stable enough for ADSL2+.
Thanks
Rich
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Should I be syncing at a faster speed

Hiya,
I've assked one of the faults guys to check for a banded profile.
R_
Grafter

Thanks James, thats was amazingly quick.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
It's not a banded profile, however, the bRAS (line profile) is set to 500Kbps.  This probably suggests that the line isn't overly stable.
Have you spotted any disconnections at all?
R_
Grafter

Since the line and the router were replaced I have experienced no drops in connection except for when I have powered down the router or when maintenance has been going on.  When I powered down the router today it had been connected for either 60 or 80 hours (sorry I have a rubbish memory) without any problems.
I would agree that in the past the line has been unstable.  The old line was at least 30 years old and literally crumbled in my hands and the Netgear DG834GT Router with Firmware 1.02.19 has a DHCP issue and the only way to get an IP address was to keep on rebooting it all the time.
James
Grafter

Erm.  I think there might have been a typo in the message that I got sent.
Looks like it's 5000Kbps and not 500Kbps.  Sorry!
I've got a diagnostic test running right now.