cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up an account with plusnet

StephenF
Grafter

Setting up an account with plusnet

Hi guys, ive been very impressed by the service from plusnet and am going to invite my fiance's parents to the service. they are coming from tiscali so we plan to take advantage of the offer that is available with the 25 quid voucher and 3 months free, however, her contract doesnt finish till february and the offer ends at the end of january, she would like to set up an account with you guys as soon as possible with all the details but not have it activated until late january (when she gives you the mac) as to not waste her current tiscali subscription.
sorry if this doesnt make much sense its kind of hard to explain, basically, can she set up and account with you, give you all her details, but not actually activate it and start billing till the day that the offer ends (or the day before, whichever is most appropriate) as to not waste her current paid for subscription.
hope that makes sense.
cheers
steve
4 REPLIES 4
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Re: Setting up an account with plusnet

Firstly, I would suggest that you sign-up via the Topcashback site which will give you a £38 Cashback.
Once you have a MAC, wait until 8 working days or 11 elapsed days before the Tiscali month end and sign up with Plusnet using the MAC from Tiscali. Don't forget to enter your Referral account details during Sign-up.
If you give Plusnet a Credit Card to which they can charge the first Month's service and Router postage if applicable then the activation period can be reduced to 5 working days or 8 elapsed days. I would err on the safe side though because Tiscali will be quick to charge you for another month's service if your migration is delayed into the nect charging period.
Once you have migrated to PlusNet, remember to alert Tiscali that this has happened or they will continue to charge you. 
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

1. If you sign up via Topcashback doesn't that mean no referral payments? (If they stay with PN for some time that could mount up)
2. Does Topcashback include 3 free months (I think not)
3. Topcashback only gives you £28 for broadband only.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Jelv, The last time I signed up somebody through Topcashback, they got the Cashback and  ALL of the discounts from PlusNet AND I got my £2/ month for six months reverting to 25p thereafter. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and sorry to be a damp squid but talk/talk have a bad habit on releasing lines