Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service status announcement about loss of Guildford node

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Service status announcement about loss of Guildford node

At 14:29 Plusnet posted a service status announcement about the loss of the Guildford 21CN node at approximately 13:20.
At 13:28 (an hour before Plusnet) AAISP posted the following:
Details
Today 13:28:17
At 13:19:47 all lines on the 21CN-BRAS-RED2-GI-B RAS wnet down.
They have not comeback up yet.
BT are aware of this and are preforming an initial investigation into the cause.
Update
Today 14:16:19
BT are still investigating what has caused this and how to fix it, but have now raised an incident.
Started Today 13:19:47 by AAISP Pro Active Monitoring Systems

Note the last line. AAISP obviously have a monitoring system in place that quickly and accurately identifies outages on the BT network.
Does Plusnet have any such monitoring in place? If so why did it take Plusnet an hour longer than AAISP to make an announcement?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Service status announcement about loss of Guildford node

Presumably AAISP get the information from their CQM system ( http://www.aaisp.net.uk/kb-broadband-cqm.html ).
Maybe that sort of thing is not possible with the larger number of lines that PlusNet are providing ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Service status announcement about loss of Guildford node

Ah. I wondered what was going on. I was thinking the worse and that my line had gone belly up as I couldn't connect to my home server, just as I was thinking my line had been stable for a long while now.
Looking at the router log, it was bang on the time above it went. 17:42 BST was when it came back.