cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Status RSS Feed

soapboxboss

Service Status RSS Feed

Hey Guys,
Where has the RSS feed for the Service Status page gone?
I seem to have lost it in the middle of last week.
John
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Service Status RSS Feed

The User Group server died which hosts the RSS feed, there are a few other threads on it.
No real ETA for return to service..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
soapboxboss

Thank you for the prompt response.
I have literally just discovered that the usertools site is down and realised this must be the case.
Cheers!
John
pierre_pierre
Grafter

plus it was previously answered here with virtually the same title http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,73738.msg584390.html#msg584390
LiamM
Grafter

Apparently it's just not a priority to Plusnet any more.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

jim:quote
Where have we said that, and what gives you that impression Liam? We've stated elsewhere that we are taking it seriously. We could have reacted a little quicker and there are probably a few 'learns' to be had from this particular outage but I'm of the strong opinion that comments of this nature don't particularly help anyone.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Liam asked in serveral threads about the priority given to this problem and whether anyone would be working on it during the weekend, and no-one from PN bothered to reply. So it is no surprise that Liams commented as he did above. And for what it's worth I agree with him!
If it was a P1 I would have expected it to be fixed by now or at least a further update posted here or in SS.
dhookham
Grafter

jim:quote
Past experience suggests that there is often not the same level of import imparted to activity over the weekend... Undecided
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]
LiamM
Grafter

Indeed.  This isn't the sort of P1 that wouldn't get published here :-
http://www.plus.net/support/service/problems/index.php
There just seems to be no urgency to fix it and even the SS said it was unlikely to be fixed until Monday.  (Which suggests to me it won't actually be looked at before then).
In the PUG only section of here I've asked 2 simple questions :-
1) Is it a P1?
2) Is it being worked out of hours?
To which no answer has been forthcoming.  I also asked along similar lines in the thread Mand replied to yesterday after the SS was published.
Please don't think I'm getting at you, Bob - I'm not at all.  It's not your decision whether or not something isn't worthy of being worked out of hours.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Peter
Liam asked in serveral threads about the priority given to this problem and whether anyone would be working on it during the weekend, and no-one from PN bothered to reply.

Or perhaps nobody had the time to reply? Or nobody saw the post? Or one of a multitude of other reasons? I don't think it's 100% fair to infer that nobody could be bothered.
The post here probably goes part-way into explaining what happened but to answer your questions directly Liam -
Quote from: Liam
1) Is it a P1?

No it wasn't raised as a P1 (which in retrospect it should have been).
2) Is it being worked out of hours?

We were working on it until about 9:00pm on the Thursday. It was picked up first thing Friday and worked until early evening. Data was left copying to the new build over the weekend and an engineer was keeping an eye on it but other than that an (ill-informed?) decision was made to leave the actual finalisation of the rebuild until after the weekend.
Quote from: Liam
Please don't think I'm getting at you, Bob - I'm not at all.  It's not your decision whether or not something isn't worthy of being worked out of hours.

True, but I am capable of influencing the decision Wink
I think we all kind of put an assumption in the box being repaired before the weekend which inevitably it wasn't.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵