Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server not found

FIXED
Aughey
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Server not found

Hi I'm new to Plusnet. When I was with Talktalk my desktop computer in a back bedroom connected to the internet without any issues. Since I changed to Plusnet all I get is server not found. I have a hub zero and by all accounts it's well named
8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Server not found

@Aughey  Welcome to the forum.

You are quite right, the wireless on a Hub Zero is very poor. See this review:  https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/plusnet/1403635/plusnet-hub-zero-2704n-review

If you want a far better budget priced alternative then go onto an auction site such as Ebay and get a BT Smarthub 6. These work on both ADSL and Fibre. They have better wireless performance than any Plusnet offering. Setting instructions are here  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Aughey
Hooked

I have actually ordered a Plusnet hub one as I didn't know a BT hub would work with Plusnet.
Baldrick1

@Aughey 

Oh dear, I hope that you haven't paid their extortionate price of £99 for one? They go for about a fiver on Ebay and that's about all that the're worth.

Moderator and Customer

Aughey
Hooked

£13 on ebay brand new so they claim
Aughey
Hooked

Can some kind person walk me through changing from a hub zero to a hub one?
Baldrick1

@Aughey 

Power up the Hub One. Do NOT plug in the DSL cable

Log into the Hub by entering 192.168.1.254 in the address field (not a search box) of your Internet Browser.

Go to the Advanced Settings, you will need to enter the asdmin password that you will find on the pull out tab on the router. There click on Broadband.

You will see Connection Information.

Change the User Name to your Plusnet Account username follower by  @plusdsl.net so it will look like Username@plusdsl.net

Enter your Plusnet account password. Click save if the option is available.

Now plug in the DSL cable and it should connect.

If you ever have to factory reset the hub then you will have to repeat this process. If a friendly Plusnet staffer comes along you might be invited to provide the serial number so that it can be entered into the database after which it will connect automatically.

Moderator and Customer

Aughey
Hooked

Thank you so much for these instructions. The new router is due to arrive tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to get it up and running then

Aughey
Hooked

Fix

The only departure I made from your excellent instructions was because my laptop didnt seem to connect to the new hub wirelessly. I used the supplied ethernet cable instead and that seemed to work fine allowing me to enter my details. I then connected the DSL cable and unplugged the ethernet. and it all worked just fine. Thanks indeed for all your excellent advice