cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saying Connected On Router Admin But Laptop and Amazon Fire Stick Say No Internet

Lou2

Saying Connected On Router Admin But Laptop and Amazon Fire Stick Say No Internet

I have received my router today. Was on BT which worked ok. Now on Plusnet also part of BT but problem above. Please can anyone help. A simple answer. I haven't got a master socket by the way but using same socket I had BT internet on this morning.
7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Saying Connected On Router Admin But Laptop and Amazon Fire Stick Say No Internet

Welcome to the forum.

If you've only changed over today it could take up until midnight for your account to be fully activated.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Lou2

Re: Saying Connected On Router Admin But Laptop and Amazon Fire Stick Say No Internet

Thank you - i hope so, as even the wifi on my phone isn't working properly.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

One further thought, if you have signed up for ADSL and Plusnet have sent you a Hub Zero (2704n) then you will most probably get much better wifi performance using your BT router once you have confirmed that it is working with your Plusnet router.

If you have posted incorrectly and are moving to a fibre service then if you have a Smarthub 6 then again use that. The Plusnet Hub One is a Home Hub 5a with Plusnet firmware.

Setting instructions fo BT hubs are here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85... or here  https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Use-a-BT-Hub-2-3-4-or-5-on-a-Plusnet-connection/m-p/1192234#....

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

From what I can see your account has been activated but unfortunately your router hasn't been properly configured to your account before it left the warehouse. Can you try the steps below to connect to the internet?

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. Click on 'Basic Settings'
4. Enter the admin password, which is the router password on the card or the back of the router
5. Click on 'Disconnect'
6. Enter your broadband username, which is in the format of username@plusdsl.net
7. Enter your broadband password, which is your account password
8. Click on 'Connect'

Apologies for the hassle we've caused

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Lou2

Hi Gandalf
When you say username is that the one that I log in on Plusnet with or the other one it brings up automatically. I used the one it had typed in. When you say broadband password do you mean the one that says key - wifi password?
I tried that - it said connecting and then disconnected. Help!
Lou2

All sorted now thanks. I now see that I have to change the user name and password to the one that I use to log into Plusnet with.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Lou2, sorry for the delayed response I was on my way home when you replied.

I'm glad that you've sorted this and you're back online now. If you can PM me the serial number from the bottom of your router I'll be happy to add this on to your account for the hardware management system to recognise your router (and push firmware updates out when appropriate).

[edit]

Scrap that, it looks like your router has been added automatically to the hardware management system this morning following you manually connecting it up with your details.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet