Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save money on my broadband

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Save money on my broadband

I have just had an E-Mail, offering me money off my broadband for the next 12 months, if I sign up to another 12 month contract. Now whilst I am more than  happy to do this, I am rather put off by the issues with peak time speeds that have been occuring of late, although I must say this has been exceptionally better of late, with just mild slowdowns during peak times mainly on Mon and Tues, but none of the sputtering and jerkiness. What worries me is, if I sign up, and this all happened again, I am in a position where I cannot move. This is currently the case, as I wanted to move when the above was occuring but was tied into a 12month contract, brought about by the same offer last year. Can plus give any assurances that the Gold Drop issues, and peak time slowdowns are realtively solved.  If this is so, then I am more than happy to sign up to another 12month contract rather than moving to Sky, who have also offered me a very good deal.  Also I have noted in my member centre, that while my subs have gone down for home Phone, with regards to the VAT changes, my PAYG broadband still shows 14.99/month. I assume this is a mistake.
8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Save money on my broadband

From my understanding of this promotion (and I think it was the same as the £5 for 6 month discount earlier this year - or was it last year?) you'd only have to pay back the discounted amount from when you signed up to the promotion and the day you leave on a full month's basis. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
It makes no difference to me as I have no intention of leaving anyway.
As for the speed issues they seem to come and go and no guarantee that another ISP would give consistant, stable high speeds anyway. Stick with PN and enjoy the £3 per month discount Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

artmo
Aspiring Champion

I've not had this offer.  Is it being sent to everyone?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

I have had it (and jumped on it  Smiley ) I remember on the last set of offers my sisters came through a couple of days after mine, so don't worry you haven't got one just yet.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PN seem to be a bit quiet on this, I haven't had any offers from them yet, I wonder if it's only been sent to those who have threatened to leave at some point in the past?  Angry
Mav
Fixes: 514

[
Quote from: paulgul
...I wonder if it's only been sent to those who have threatened to leave at some point in the past?  Angry

I've never threatened to leave.
I have always had faith that PN can ride the storms and come out better and stronger and any problems I have experienced have, usually, been resolved in quick time - but not quite always Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Well signed up to it anyway.  Been with PlusNet through bad and good times, and always stuck with them, as Mav says, they usually come out on top in the end, also the excellent community site, is decades ahead of any other similar ISPI have seen, together with PlusNets usual openness ( although a valid explanation of the gold drops and the processes in place to avoid this are yet to be forthcoming!!).  Also signed up for the home phone offer as well, but unsure as if I can have both at the same time (pretty please Wink  )
NB, where did Plusnet say they were increasing the home phone prices..... Set upcharge now 4.4p, but unsure if call prices are up as well, as cannot find an old tarif, think they were 3p, now 2.95p
deadkenny
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Trying to see where the catch is with this (other than the lock in period), but can't see any.
You even stay on your existing package, which is great as I prefer the old package I'm on to the new ones (mainly due to the shorter peak period).
artificer
Grafter

plusnet offered something similar last year; so i snatched their arm off.  this year's offer is an even better deal; so i've snatched off the other arm.