cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Bank

coastergrotto
Grafter

Santander Bank

I needed to reset my Debenhams online password and was told yesterday that it would be emailed to me within 24 hours.  As no email was received I rang their Customer Services line again tonight and was eventually told that for some reason BT block all emails from Santander.  The gentleman said he had no idea why, but it was a fact that they did and I should contact my ISP (Plusnet) to allow these emails through.
Can someone tell me if this is the case.   
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Santander Bank

at least two of us have had a problem with getting e-mails with password info, Bob Pullen did try but it seems to be that they use a nonstandard way of sending them and they just go into a blackhole.
Not from Santandar, but other companies
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Can't imagine BT or PN blocking Santader just for the fun of it. Abbey customers for a start would be pretty miffed.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pierre_pierre
Grafter

coastergrotto
Grafter

The password came through first time when sent to my Yahoo email address.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thats definitely the same as mine, the infamous Iron Port black hole, time we changed to something that works correctly
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks pierre_pierre for your input,
Anyone from Plusnet care to comment as to if anything is going to be done to resolve this?
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: pierre_pierre
time we changed to something that works correctly

I thought the problem was that our email system worked correctly but Santander's did not. Time they changed to something that works correctly?
framar

This is quite worrying. I receive emails from Alliance and Leicester, but Santander are renaming all the subsidiaries it owns e.g. Alliance and Leicester; Abbey and Bradford and Bingley to Santander. Does that mean that emails from all these  will eventually be blocked when the changes occur?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its not Santender  per sa  who are blocked it is one section of their e-mails that are possibly not meeting the correct standards who are getting black holed by Iron Port.  I took up mine with the sender and included B Pullens thoughts, they just said tuff, open a new account and write your password down so you dont forget it Angry Angry
Thanks for the info unfortunately there is not much we can do about that the best solution is what you have already done and sign in with a different username. Also you can get navpix using the Navdesk.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
Kind regards,
Nickolas

Navman Customer Support Team
Navman Europe Ltd
Spectrum House
Beehive Ring Road
London Gatwick Airport
Gatwick
RH6 0LG
United Kingdom
UK Support:  +44 (0) 844 800 0912
From Ireland: +353 (0) 1 436 7746