Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sagemcom router security

FIXED
Mace1
Fixes: 1

Sagemcom router security

Hi, a scan using my AVG app on my iphone and laptop has shown that my router is vulnerable because of a 'wide open' port (7547) and susceptible to potential hackers.  Can anyone advise?

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Sagemcom router security

@Mace1  Welcome to the forum.

This is a very old chestnut. Just do a Google search for Port 7547 and read all about it.

This port is used by Plusnet to update your hub firmware. This same technique is used by BT and I suspect other ISPs to keep firmware up to date.

In short it is nothing to worry about but if it's very important to you then you will need to buy your own third party modem/router.

Allegedly there is the equivalent port open on my Smarthub but when I try a proper external service that actually probes the port it is shown as either closed or stealthed. Try it with GRC's 'Shields Up!'.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Mace1

Fix

Hi Baldrick1,

Thanks for quick reply. Problem 'solved'

I did a bit of surfing through Google as you suggested.  I found someone (I think on Plusnet Community) who had found Shields Up. I tried it after ensuring that it was ok and it came back that all was ok. It was suggested that a regular check was advisable. 

Thanks again

Mace1

Hi Baldrick1,

I've just re-read your initial reply about my router security, and I've noticed that you referred to 'Shields Up'.  Maybe if I had read your reply properly I could have saved myself time and effort.

Anyway, thanks again for your help