Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] Waitrose TG585v7 Router Login

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

[SOLVED] Waitrose TG585v7 Router Login

I spent a 'happy' 15 minutes today failing to find a Username and Password combination that would give me access to a Thomson TG585v7 supplied by Plusnet in the guise of Waitrose Broadband.  My efforts centred around using "Administrator" as the Username and the serial number (minus the bit at the end in brackets) which was CP08.....  as the Password but the router wasn't having any of it.  I guess the password could have been changed but as I wasn't completely sure what the password should be I did not want to do a Factory Settings Reset that would restore the default password but might remove the broadband credentials.  Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
caulbox
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Waitrose TG585v7 Router Login

Not sure exactly what you mean by "in the guise of Waitrose Broadband". But as long as any Waitrose specific customization or firmware hasn't changed things....from Plusnet's 585v7 and 585v8 firmware page, you'll see that:
"The default username for the version 7 firmware is 'Administrator' and the password field should be left blank. The default username for the version 8 firmware is 'admin' and the password is the serial number from the bottom of the router (without the 'SN:' prefix and the two characters in brackets at the end). Note that this username and password change refers to the firmware version and not the model of router. The v7 router can have specific v8.x.x.x firmware on it."
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

ReedRichards, I have known several variations of username/password combinations on the Thomson routers.
I presume you have tried any or all of the following:
USERNAME:                             PASSWORD:      
Administrator                                (leave blank)
admin                                             admin
admin                                            (leave blank)
admin                                             password
Administrator                                  password
Administrator                                 (password under the router)
If you have tried all of the above, is there no way that you can obtain the broadband credentials before doing a factory reset?

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the help so far but I tried:
Administrator            (leave blank)
admin                        admin
admin                        (leave blank)
Administrator            (router serial number)
admin                          (router serial number)
None of these worked (or I mistyped something without noticing).  It was a 585v7 router but the serial number was written in large letters on the sticky label so I thought it might be significant (and I'm used to the 585v8 when it is).    There was nothing written on the router to indicate what the password is.  Can someone from Plusnet please confirm that the default password is:
Administrator            (leave blank)
even if supplied as Waitrose.  Then I can reset with confidence.  I only wanted to check that the low download speed was entirely down to the high attenuation in that area.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Have you tried using "password" as the password - without the quotes, of course.
I seem to remember the combination I had to use was "admin" & "password". Now using v8 so don't have the v7 to hand.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

No, perhaps stupidly, I did not try "password".  I know this is the default for Netgear routers but did not realise it was sometimes used by Thomson.
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro

Just for reference, Waitrose clients can find the answer to this question by logging on to their account and consulting the Help section
The default router login credentials are:
User name: Administrator
Password: router serisal number (beginning CP0...)
BUT
When you set up the router you are invited to change both the username and password so it is quite likely neither of these are the default setting (which was my problem in this instance).