cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED - Problem with Belkin N Wireless Modem Router & USB Adapter - SOLVED

CALGACUS

SOLVED - Problem with Belkin N Wireless Modem Router & USB Adapter - SOLVED

Hi All,
This was originally intended to be a begging post, seeking anyone who had the Belkin N Wireless Modem Router & USB Adapter package to let me know how on earth they managed to get connected. While writing it however, I actually managed to get it working - so I just thought that I would post how.
The package comes with Belkin's "Setup Assistant" software which guides you through the setup process in a few easy stages - only minimal input is required from the user (which made the problems that I had even more frustrating).
One of the steps asks the user to select their service provider from a list - I, naturally, selected "Plusnet". Eventually (after two evenings and most of this morning seeking a solution) I tried selecting the "Other (generic)" option from the ISP list, and - it worked!
The symptom that I had was that the routers indicator lights indicating "wired", "modem router" and "ADSL" were all lit in solid blue (and therefore OK), the final "internet" light refused to light in solid blue and simply went from flashing blue (trying to connect) to flashing orange (couldn't connect).
I don't know the source of the problem (presumably the Setup Assistant contains some out of date or simply incorrest settings regarding PlusNet), but even when I tried copying the Advanced Settings from my old Zoom router/modem to the Belkin manually, it didn't work!
Anyway, hopefully this post might be of use to someone else,
Cheers,
Don.