cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset

goddard1980

SNR reset

Hi,
Can I please have my SNR reset? I used to sync at around 9.5mb but for whatever reason over the last couple of months it's dropped to 7mb and I can see the SNR is hovering around 12db. I'm in the master socket, using the same modem etc. I've rebooted the modem to no avail.
Thanks!
----
DSL Connection
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 0:13:42
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.5
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1.171 / 7.200
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 19,14 / 213,98
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,5 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 22,0 / 38,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5,9 / 12,1
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
------
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: SNR reset

Hi goddard1980,
A warm welcome to the forums.
There will be a reason why the SNRM has been elevated - this is done to better manage an unstable (disconnecting) line.  Have you noticed many disconnections?  Have you been rebooting the router frequently?
Is your phone line noisy?  Dial 17070 option 2 and do it regularly.  If you hear noise, even intermittently, report it to your phone provider.  Whilst there remains a noise issue on your line, you will not get the best out of your broad band.
Is the router plugged into the master socket?  Are there any extensions - sockets or cables?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: SNR reset

Hi @goddard1980,
I can see the line has been stable for over 20 days so I see no reason why we can't give that a try.
I've submitted a reset back to 6db so please look out for some signs of improvement over the next 24 hours.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team