Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR reset request

JonnyF
Grafter

Re: SNR reset request

James,
I think my line has been at 9db since yesterday afternoon, and i think BT changed it to that.
I cannot get more than 7500 at 9db, to get 8128 I definately need a 6db margin.
But I'm prepared to wait a little while during the day before we start changing anything... I will try a couple of reboots like you have suggested.
Jon.
James
Grafter

Yeah, definitely give it 24 hours just to make sure that 9dB remains stable.  BT may even recalculate it for you if they're feeling useful today.
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: James
BT may even recalculate it for you if they're feeling useful today.

ROFLMAO!
Nice to see PN, for one, are enjoying their new telecommunications overlords Wink
Barry
James
Grafter

We're owned by Retail and not Wholesale Smiley
sloany
Grafter

yup to it today James, BT have been around and fixed my line fault without blaming my hardware or wiring. I was quite gob smacked actually.
JonnyF
Grafter

James,
OK will do....
Is there any way to fast track my throughput to somthing like it should be?
I could do with a little more than the 1900 I have atm?
I know you can set your taget manually, if that could be done I would appreaciate it - but will I just have to wait for BT to auto change my throughput.... and if so cant that take days / weeks?
Just seems a bit of a shame since I only had problems yesterday caused by a "faultly" router.
Thanks again,
Jon.
James
Grafter

Jon,
I'm afraid that there's nothing I can do.  We need to wait for BT to make a change to your profile, which may take 2-3 days to occur.  Once this happens, our profiling will then mirror the change by BT.
I know it's a real pain and I'm sorry for the difficulties that you're going through on account of the drop in speed.
JonnyF
Grafter

James,
OK, was worth an ask!! I suppose its not the end of the world... will just have to wait.
Am I best rebooting my router during the day or not, or should it just be done daily? I can never quite work out the best way to get you profile changed by BT.
Jon.
James
Grafter

There's no harm in rebooting once a day for the next few.
JonnyF
Grafter

James,
Another quick question!
When you say 2-3 days to change my profile.
Does that mean 2-3 days before I see ANY change?
Or Will I see increments gradually during the next 2-3 days?
This morning my IP Profile is still at 2000 (BT Speedtester)
Thanks again,
Jon.
James
Grafter

Jon,
It's 2-3 days for any change to be apparent.
Have you read my Blog posting about speed faults?
JonnyF
Grafter

James,
I have now thanks - have read similar before but yours is pretty concise and informative, thanks.
It does seem that I'm best not disconnecting at all though, since BT are looking for 2-3 days stability?
In the past I always thought you should disconnect daily, but perhaps that’s more important for the initial DSLMAX training period.
Think I'll just leave it connected permanently for now and hope that things work like they should!
Cheers,
Jon.
James
Grafter

Jon,
They're not looking for a continuous connection, but just for the lowest sync speeds experienced during the 3 day period.
No hamr with staying connected throughout this period though.
JonnyF
Grafter

James.
Almost there I think.
My BT IP Profile is now 6500. Please could you bump your system if possible? (I suppose I can wait overnight for it to be done automatically if your busy!! Wink )
Could we also re request the SNR be set to 6db please since BT seem to have changed it to 9db (from 12db originally!) [7520/448/9db at present]
Open ticket is 22417297
Last comments were
"Dear Mr Fitton,
[Internal]
Fault was put into awaiting appt without trying what was asked on last clear.
Raised request through BTEMSYS to get this actioned 1st. Further update pending."
Not sure exactly what that means, but thought it sounded important! ^^

Thanks again,
Jon.
James
Grafter

Hi Jon,
Basically that means that BT, in their infinite wisdom believed that you needed an engineer visit to amend your SNR.  We've basically said something along the lines of "Oi! You BT! Nooo!" Thus asking them to look into your issue further Smiley
I've amended your profile at our end to 6500Kbps, which you'll need to reboot to see the changes.  I can't actually verify the profile change on BT's end and their system seems to be down currently.