cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNR...Sync Speed

scottmg
Grafter

SNR...Sync Speed

Hey, i recently had a major annoying problem fixed, my SNR was majorly high and my sync speed was majorly low.
I got my SNR reset, when it was plugged into my test socket. synced at a great speed, no problems what so ever. But having my router plugged into the test socket just wasnt beneficial at all, as my wires connect to the faceplate which is unscrewed off to get to the test socket, so i just had to leave it hanging, not the best idea with 2 young cats around.
I thought i would try it back in the original telephone port, now noticed sync speed is back down to 5400 and SNR is 12.9.
does this mean there is a problem with my internal wiring?
also jo jo if i plug it back into the test socket would you be able to reset the SNR again?
Thanks in advance...
ScottMG
79 REPLIES 79
scottmg
Grafter

Re: SNR...Sync Speed

clearly jojo aint around....can anyone else help? thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

LOL you replied as I was reading! No Jojo isn't here, she's enjoying a well deserved break Smiley
Yes, no doubt it sounds like either an issue with the faceplate of the socket or the internal wiring. You may want to consider upgrading the faceplate. Many alternatives are available including ones called SSFP which have ADSL filtering built in.
Is there any chance that around 9AM you can reconnect to the test socket for an hour or two so that I can perform some tests?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scottmg
Grafter

9AM or PM?
i set off for work at 7 in the morning, so i will plug it in tonight before i nod off if thats ok.
im in a rental property, so i am not sure if i would be able to mess about with sockets unless its really easy to do?
cheers!
scottmg
Grafter

It's plugged into the test socket now :).... Do the wires on the back of the faceplate need plugging in? What filter would you buy? Let me know how the tests go.
Cheers
scottmg
Grafter

Anyone?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Sorry I wasn't able to come back to this, any chance I can run the tests today please?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scottmg
Grafter

Yup still plugged in.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scottmg,
I'll take a look at this now for you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scottmg,
Just done some checks and it's not changed yet. Spoke to Adam and he placed the order yesterday so I'll check again for you later and see if it's taken effect.
Jojo Smiley
scottmg
Grafter

Order for what? The snr reset? Nice to see you back jojo hope you had a good time off Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I did thanks. Yes, the SNR reset, it doesn't always go through straight away, but I'll keep checking.
scottmg
Grafter

Thanks alot. Regards having cables open for the cats to claw... If I for instance buy an i plate the 2 wires on the faceplate, do they need connecting? If not that would solve the problem as it will close off the faceplate wouldn't it? Thanks jojo
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi scottmg,
Are the 2 wires for another extension. If that's the case then if you want to use that extension then you will have to. The SNR reset has taken effect now, we just have to wait for the IP profile to pick up.
Jojo Smiley
scottmg
Grafter

im not sure, there is 3 telephone points in this flat, we only use 1 so i presume that i wouldnt need the wires connecting?
i have a telephone entry system to my flat, that wouldnt be connected would it?
thanks