Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS changes

Mand
Grafter

SMS changes

Hi guys,
This thread is for discussion of the announcement regarding SMS changes, detailed here.
14 REPLIES 14
andyrogers
Grafter

Re: SMS changes

Mand
Is this an opt-in system, ie we have to raise a ticket to get this enabled on our account or is it available via the portal in some place?
Thanks
Andy
paulby
Grafter

There's a tick box at the bottom when you raise a ticket.  It seems to be an opt-in per ticket.
James
Grafter

Yep, that's the one.
If you try raising a ticket, it's pretty clear how to opt in.
Mand
Grafter

Yep, you only opt-in for that particular ticket you're raising, so you're in complete control of which ones we text you regarding and which ones we don't.
andyrogers
Grafter

When did that appear there?
I have not seen that thier before, or Iam going blind.
Thanks
Andy
James
Grafter

About 6am Wink
pdavidson
Grafter

Quote from: Mand
Yep, you only opt-in for that particular ticket you're raising, so you're in complete control of which ones we text you regarding and which ones we don't.

Just to expand on that, if you don't opt for SMS when you raise the ticket but ask for them later (by phone or on the specific ticket reply) then we can start to send them but otherwise we won't. It's all on the individual ticket.
We figured that you'd want to know that your fault was fixed but that an SMS out of the blue at 9pm to say we've added that mailbox you wanted wouldn't exactly be welcome! So we've left it all down to your own preferences when you raise the ticket.
I hope you find it useful!
Not applicable

Just as a note, I appreciate that the wording of messages might be a bit tricky, and I'm not having a go at the guy in question, but I received a SMS that could have been more helpful IMO.
An interleaving removal request. SMS response was
Your order for removal of interleaving has been requested

Whereas 24hrs later, I'm wondering how far the request has got, I go to take a look.
The ticket response accompanying the SMS response tells me
Your interleaving request has been processed
Interleaving type :- Disabled
Supplier Reference :- N-??????
Estimated completion date:- 02 April 2008

Requested has a slightly different meaning to me than processed, and I've have liked the hopeful completion date to have been included too.
Anyway, not an issue really for me. Just thought you might appreciate the feedback.
Mand
Grafter

Yep, appreciated and noted.
We're looking to add in standard responses for things such as interleaving requests, order confirmations and all the other responses which don't tend to vary from account to account. This should mean that customers get all the relevant information, and the guys don't have to spend as much time on these 'easy' responses (thus meaning they get to spend more time on the tricky stuff ;)).
prichardson
Grafter

That looks suspiciously like one of the messages I sent
RobDickson
Grafter

I like the new SMS feature, however, could a future upgrade allows us to select what time is acceptable. Personally, I'd go for 24 hours, but I know that most people won't want that.
I haven't tried replying to the text message that I received, because it doesn't need a reply, but my phone doesn't show a phone number to reply to.
Not applicable

True, you don't seem able to reply to the one I received either...
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
When we send a text message we have the option to set it to allow a reply, or not as the case may be.
For most ticket responses a one way message will be fine (your order has been submitted, we've added your extra usage etc), but for anything which needs a customer response we will enable two way messaging.
RobDickson
Grafter

Makes sense to me. Thanks for explaining.