Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW AGAIN

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

SLOW AGAIN

Connection is starting to crawl again PN. This really must stop!
I can't even watch a movie trailer on google video. I beleive that http traffic isn't supposed to be restricted like p2p so why is it crawling?
IPlayer is a waste of time too.
Get your act together BT.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
4 REPLIES 4
jayed
Grafter

Re: SLOW AGAIN

Get used to it. I've had 1 week per month of unusable internet service. Currently I have an IP profile of 135kbps and actual throughput of 91kbps. Last month I had below 500kbps for 6-7 days. I haven't even had a reply from my latest ticket. I am not a happy customer.
Mand
Grafter

@ okrzynska, what sort of speeds are you seeing? Does changing gateway make a difference (you can do this by dropping the connection and then reconnecting).
@ jayed, it looks like you have an intermittent connection, which will have slowed your speed (by giving you an IP profile of 135). I've moved your ticket to the intermittent testing pool, and added some questions to your ticket (we'll need this info if we need to raise the fault to BT).
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: jayed
Get used to it. I've had 1 week per month of unusable internet service. Currently I have an IP profile of 135kbps and actual throughput of 91kbps. Last month I had below 500kbps for 6-7 days. I haven't even had a reply from my latest ticket. I am not a happy customer.

Sory to hear your also suffering mate. I would say chin up it only gets better but with this ISP..
Been with them for about 2 or 3 years now. Only reason we didn't leave is because they imposed a cessation charge when you cancel broadband with them. After the experience we've had with PN it's also put us off looking for another ISP - once bitten twice shy.
When we move we'll go for a mobile 3G connection instead of continuing with PN.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
jayed
Grafter

I was with Bulldog at one time. Believe me. Plusnet are absolute angels in comparison. Plusnet forum staff are pretty good. The service has been good for me up until about 4 months ago too. Ticket service is alright, but can be slow. However, Bulldog are a bunch of crooks. Continued to charge us for about 9 months after we migrated away from them and even though they didn't provide us with a service, they still felt justified in charging us and didn't want to refund us. Plusnet on the whole have been great for me, just not recently.
Anyway.. back on topic...