Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDSL and associated hardware

elementaltm
Rising Star

SDSL and associated hardware

Morning all,

I'm looking for recommendations/reviews and personal experiences with SDSL and associated hardware.
Essentially I've always used Netgear product which generally has been rock solid... (apart from the shitty DG834GT which I reckon is mainly due to them overheating.)
So I looked for a Netgear SDSL wireless router (inc. SPI, VPN support etc...) but they don't seem to have one in their product lineup...

Cheers, DM.
KABOOM!
3 REPLIES 3
paulby
Grafter

Re: SDSL and associated hardware

Have you looked at Draytek's 3100?
I haven't used their SDSL kit but have used their ADSL routers.  They tend to be a bit pricier than most and that might be a factor in your decision, however I've got three (2 x 2800s and 1x2600plus) at various locations and they all just work (I've never had to resolve any router issues in the past 2 years and the in-laws are on a very long line).
The official supplier is SEG but you can often get the kit cheaper elsewhere.
ed
Grafter

Probably because they think ADSL2 (24mbps down / 3 mbps up) will kill SDSL (2mbps down / 2mbps up).
I was thinking about going for the business ADSL (8mbps down, 1mbps up) until ADSL2 moves into my area.
elementaltm
Rising Star

Thanks for the two replies so far unfortunately the discussion seems to of died very quickly. Perhaps lack of interest is proportional to amount of SDSL users?
DM.
KABOOM!