cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Broadband on Test Socket

AD

Re: Running Broadband on Test Socket

"eliminate your equipment and wiring " Pretty much what BT Openreach did when they turned up on the 8th June to investigate slow bb speed. Messed around in the master socket and disconnected all my extensions. So I now have 5 dead phones still 11 days on ! No sign of BT or contact  or anything .

Oh and the reason for the slow fibre extra speed .? A BT interconnect cable in the road made of aluminium and wrapped in paper, yes paper . Still suppose its an improvement on wet string ! 

What [Removed] joke !

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules

paullawless
Hooked

Re: Running Broadband on Test Socket

I feel for you !

Here they have left it in my hands to chance whether it is the wiring or socket or anything else that could cause charge. So I'm leaving it for now to decide whether I terminate my Contract when this term ends in August.

If they would've told me they were changing the socket and it would be under contract and my Liability I may not have got PlusNet in. There was no problem with my old socket or service from Virgin, just that Virgins advertising and pushing of their services at me forced me to seek elsewhere. I got sick of 3 pages of adverts popping up every page I requested onscreen with Virgin.

Installation for a fee and services for a fee. All they want these days is money for a little something and terms to that will.

At least PlusNet don't ram their services down your throat though like Virgin. PlusNet do spoon feed it though in payable doses.

Cant tell you enough how I'm surprised at PlusNet's way of doing things.