cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumour about Customer Support

James
Grafter

Re: Rumour about Customer Support

Yep, I believe there's 8 residential floors above our 4.
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: Santiago
Quote from: Jameseh

Let's also consider that Madasafish, whilst based in Durban, has won awards for its Customer Service.  

Oh really, what does that mean. I have seen various references to this but no evidence. Is there any? Please qualify that statement if it is to mean anything.

I note this has been ignored
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That is what I was asking, karnt PN biy the billding?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Santiago
Sorry about that, it wasn't intentional - the awards won are shown near the bottom of  this page on the madasafish site.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: Mal08
I would hope that anything to do with PN' customers financial  details is not dealt with outside the UK.
I'm sure the local company tries to recruit reliable staff - but this is a worry.

I am sorry to say that I agree with you on this 100%, it is a  worry.
James
Grafter

Gary,
Read my posts earlier in this thread where I talked about staff not being able to see card details.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

An advantage of this could also be if there is a local problem in Sheffield or Durban, such as the floods in Sheffield last(?) year, then the other site would be able to take over the work and it would be business as usual, maybe with slightly higher phone queues and ticket responses.
I think Plusnet did a fantastic job in very hard times during the flood, when staff physically couldn't get in to the office, or had their homes flooded, but a second site would be able to make it virtually un-noticable.  At the time when there was a much reduced staff, I think there was a much increased fault rate being reported because of other people having broadband problems due to waterlogged phone lines and exchanged.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Good thinking Phil.
We've actually been doing this already.  There was an incident a few weeks back where the telephone line in South Africa went down and we had already completed work to ensure that there was an automatic failover to Sheffield.  So, because the calls weren't routing to the Durban helpdesk, the came over here instead.
It can easily work the other way around.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

| assume that we will not lose the facility to call a geographical (or 03 if introduced) number for customer support?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

I've not heard of any such plans.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Read my posts earlier in this thread where I talked about staff not being able to see card details.

Jameseh, I have seen it, but wat happens wen you give the card details other the phone, or should I say wat is stopping them from copying them down?
and do thay have the same system as PlusNet has?  So all thay get is ******
zubel
Community Veteran

To be honest Gary, what is stopping *anyone* writing down your card details when you read them over the phone?  What is stopping a casual passer-by overhearing you and writing them down?
I believe the SA CSC and the Sheffield CSC use *exactly the same software on exactly the same platform* so they will have all of the capabilities that the Sheffield office do, including the obscuration of payment details.
B.
Santiago
Grafter

Quote from: orbrey
@Santiago
Sorry about that, it wasn't intentional - the awards won are shown near the bottom of  this page on the madasafish site.

There is one reference to a recommendation based on opinions of PC advisor readers in 2007
Madasafish was Recommended in both 'Customer Service' and 'Best Small ISP' categories of the 2007 PC Advisor Broadband Awards, having done equally well in the previous year's awards. Based on the opinions of thousands of PC Advisor readers, these commendations really reflect our commitment to Customer Service and a quality product.

This does not represent multi award winning customer services as suggested by Plusnet does it?
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: Barry
To be honest Gary, what is stopping *anyone* writing down your card details when you read them over the phone? 

Barry, in this country the staf are vetide to a hi standard, but not in other countrys.
What is stopping a casual passer-by overhearing you and writing them down?

What in my home!  Shocked
I believe the SA CSC and the Sheffield CSC use *exactly the same software on exactly the same platform* so they will have all of the capabilities that the Sheffield office do, including the obscuration of payment details.

That is good, if that is 100% write
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

karnt PN biy the rest of the building then?