cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routers stats / settings & ADSL2+ status.

aeroalfie
Grafter

Routers stats / settings & ADSL2+ status.

I guess like a lot of people i got an email from Plusnet the other day saying that our connection will be moved over to ADSL2+ shortly. Looking on kitz exchanger checker website apparently the exchange has been enabled  but how do i know if my connection is now ADSL2+ or the old ADSL?
First image are my router stats (restated this morning as i moved to another room) ,  good / bad / faulty / about right?
Also on the second image. do i need to change any of the settings for ADSL2+ ? 

11 REPLIES 11
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Routers stats / settings & ADSL2+ status.

Hi aeroalfie,
As the email says it's about 5 weeks. I've just checked and that's not been ordered yet so I'll put that through manually and it'll change over next Monday.
Jojo Smiley
aeroalfie
Grafter

Thank you Joanne that is much appreciated.  Smiley
I also have another quick question - my connection has been synced at 6560 Kbps since yesterday but the 'Highspeed broadband' page in my plusnet connection settings is showing a current line speed of  4.5Mb - and my current speed test result below - will my line speed increase automatically to be more in line with my sync speed or is it something that needs to be done manually at your end?

Adie:quote
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI aeroalfie,
I've only just been able to place the order this morning, I've just confirmed that via ticket. As for your speed, your BT profile is still 4500. You need to be connected for, on average, 72 hours for this to lift. As you can see from the graph below you have only been connected for about 21 hours so far.
Jojo Smiley
aeroalfie
Grafter

Hi Joanne,
Looking at my router stats it seems to have been online for around 90 hours but i have not noticed any increase in speed to match the speeds i am synced at and looking in my Plusnet account it is still at 4.5mb  Undecided
Is there anything i need to do at my end - reboot my router ?
thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just updated the profile on your account so you should see some improvement now. I've checked the order Jojo placed and that's still progressing fine to complete on Monday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
aeroalfie
Grafter

Hello Adam, thank you for the update.
However my speed test results still seems to be the same as before?

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi aeroalfie,
Are you still in the test socket? The SNR reset has worked but there are lots of errors.
Jojo Smiley
aeroalfie
Grafter

Hi Joanne,
I am still connected to the same (front room socket) as the other day - the main socket, the one the phone cable goes into from outside is in the kitchen, it doesn't have any kind of test or master socket on it or behind the face plate - it has just a normal phone socket on the front (with nothing plugged into it) and a wire coming out of the top which  goes to the phone socket in the front room.
Due to the location of the kitchen socket next to the kitchen door and on the opposite wall to any power/plug sockets it is impractical to have the router plugged in there as the cable will need to go directly across the kitchen floor.
Download speeds stayed the same over the weekend around 4.2mb - i did notice a disconnection on Saturday evening and sync speed dropped to around 5700Kbps - Connection dropped again today and has re-synced at just over 7000Kbps which i presume is the switch over to ADSL2+ ?  download speed has now increased to
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi aeroalfie,
Well, bearing in mind the wiring issue you have I'd say it's not so bad, If you start to have problems that impede your use then don't hesitate to shout up.
Jojo Smiley
aeroalfie
Grafter

Thank you for your assistance and help Joanne it has been much appreciated  Smiley
One last thing if i may - i read on the forum that once moved onto ADSL2+ you can request to have upload speeds uncapped, is this something i can request to have done on my connection?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, I can uncap the upload, although I may have requested it on the order if I remember correctly Smiley