Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RouterStats and the TG585v8

Stumpy21
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

RouterStats and the TG585v8

Hello
Are any other regular users of the RouterStats software getting problems using it with the 585v8 router?
Recently I am finding that after a couple of days, seems to be getting worse as time goes on, the RouterStats program takes longer and longer to connect to the router and freezes/delays when clicking on the Routerstats tabs.  Shocked
The cure is to reboot the router. All is then fine for a couple of days until it gradually gets so bad that another router reboot is needed.
I used to be able to have the router uptime for weeks without problems.
Has anybody else come across this? If so is probably a software problem.
Or maybe the router is playing up.  Undecided
Current uptime nearly 3 days and working fine.
Are there any checks I can make to isolate the cause?
Derek
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: RouterStats and the TG585v8

I use Routerstats (currently v6.7g) with a Thomson TG585v8. I don't run Routerstats all the time, but have not had any problems when I do run it, sometimes for several hours.
The router has presently been connected over 17 days on ADSL2+, and I started Routerstats 15 minutes ago. It's working fine. I assigned Routerstats its own username and password so it wouldn't conflict if I accessed the web interface at the same time. Perhaps that helps.
David
alex7127
Grafter

I have the very same problem that you describe with the TG582n
Alex
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Stumpy21,
Do you close RouterStats or leave it open & running all the time? Rather than rebooting the router I'd try closing RouterStats and all other programs and reboot your computer and then try to see if that improves things.
Alex's issue is different because RouterStats has to Telnet the 582n, rather than the http: access for the 585.
Stumpy21
Rising Star

Thanks for you messages.
Quote from: Anotherone

Do you close RouterStats or leave it open & running all the time?

I only use it occasionally - on my laptop, then I start RouterStats and leave it running minimised to the task bar. Then close it before shutting down laptop. So computer has been shut down and rebooted.
It does not appear to be usage related, more affected by router uptime.
Quote from: spraxyt
I assigned Routerstats its own username and password so it wouldn't conflict if I accessed the web interface at the same time. Perhaps that helps.

That sounds interesting. How do I do this?  Undecided
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: Stumpy21
Quote from: spraxyt
I assigned Routerstats its own username and password so it wouldn't conflict if I accessed the web interface at the same time. Perhaps that helps.

That sounds interesting. How do I do this?  Undecided

Login to the router's web interface. Click Toolbox then User Management. Click "Add new user" on the Pick a task… list.
Enter a suitable name (for use on each computer if you are running Routerstats simultaneously on different computers), leave privileges as Administrator then click the Apply button.
The password starts off the same as the username; you would have to use Switch to another user then Change my password if you wanted to change it,
David
Stumpy21
Rising Star

spraxyt
Thank you.  Smiley
I have set up a new user for RouterStats and will see how that goes.