Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RouterStats-Lite How to cut and paste results -help

dvvrue95
Grafter

RouterStats-Lite How to cut and paste results -help

Hi,
I've just run RouterStats-Lite overnight with some interesting results. Question how do I cut and paste results?
many thanks
Ian
10 REPLIES 10
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: RouterStats-Lite How to cut and paste results -help

If you have them saved as .jpg's it's easy - just attach to a post. If you use the Reply button just below the previous post (or click Preview if using Quick Reply), you'll see Additional Options and Attachments...  Click on the + where you can then Browse to where you've saved the .jpg's.
If that doesn't answer you query, post back again.
dvvrue95
Grafter

Hi Anotherone,
thanks.
I'm using V8.2 and in the "Setup" I only have options for logging  as comma separated variables or tab separated variables. Currently set as CSV.
Don't seem to have an option for jpg.
I guess I could copy CSV values into database and  display as graph ?
Ian
Anotherone
Champion

The options are on the Graphs and Capture tabs. For detailed analysing I always suggest sampling every 8 seconds 900 point per page, gives 2 hrs. per graph. On the Capture tab always tick the Noise margin graphing and the Capture part graphs. On the System tab I recommend Minimise to system tray, Prompt before closing, Show noise margin on tray icon & Show tooltip hints only.
If you currently have a graph on the screen which is what you want to post, right click it, you can click Capture now to save a copy and then post it.
If you have none of the above, I guess you'll have to use the CSV values in a database/spread sheet etc.
Were there any particular values of interest?
dvvrue95
Grafter

Hi Anotherone,
OK I think I have managed that thanks to you.
What do you think the line seems pretty stable all day and then two glitches around the very early hours?Huh
Hope this works,

Ian
Anotherone
Champion

First spike seems to be around 2330 and the second around 0030. Worth having a think about what electrical equipment may have switched on or off around that time.
Also the daytime part of the graph is far noisier than it ought to be, some of this may be due to your long line, but it does also suggest you might have some internal wiring issues that need resolving. Sorry, I don't recall if you've described your setup before.
dvvrue95
Grafter

Hi Anotherone,
sorry for the delay in responding, have been wondering what that big yellow thing is in the blue sky  8).
I have master socket in the same room as my  "office" (wife calls it a tip) with pc router etc. After previous problems with testing via  test socket etc I now have my router and adsl filer connected directly into the test socket via doubler for the telephone (not wireless).
I am on a long BT line approx 6.7kM from the exchange, in a rural area which requires our electricity to arrive via poles and O/H cables. In past years I have had my fax machine explode as a result of lightning strikes so we have a lightning protector permanently fitted across the telephone line apart from that every thing is normal  :).
having checked the Router stats-lite log it looks like the following breaks (spikes?) occurred :-
Fri 20 Jul 2012  23:17:41,    Noise Margin= 5.0, Sync Speed= 1296
Fri 20 Jul 2012  23:19:37,    Noise Margin= , Sync Speed=
Fri 20 Jul 2012  23:20:37,    Noise Margin= , Sync Speed=
Fri 20 Jul 2012  23:21:37,    Noise Margin= , Sync Speed=
Fri 20 Jul 2012  23:22:37,    Noise Margin= , Sync Speed=
Fri 20 Jul 2012  23:23:33,    Noise Margin= 6.2, Sync Speed= 1354  and then again at :-
Sat 21 Jul 2012  00:44:33,    Noise Margin= 5.9, Sync Speed= 1354
Sat 21 Jul 2012  00:45:33,    Noise Margin= , Sync Speed=
Sat 21 Jul 2012  00:46:33,    Noise Margin= 6.2, Sync Speed= 1143 
Off hand I can't think of anything locally that might explain these glitches,
Ian
Anotherone
Champion

Quote from: dvvrue95
I have master socket in the same room as my  "office" (wife calls it a tip) with pc router etc.

Grin Grin I know that problem, I have it as well (too much junk really)  Wink I've also had this odd yellow thing in the sky  Cheesy
Quote from: dvvrue95
I now have my router and adsl filer connected directly into the test socket via doubler for the telephone (not wireless).

Ah possible problem here, the doubler is in the test socket? what's connected to it? No extension leads I hope!
If you have the doubler in the test socket it should have 2 filters plugged into it - one in each socket. Otherwise the doubler should go into the filter and the filter direct to the test socket. Can you expand in more detail exactly what's connected?
Anotherone
Champion

Sorry, forgot to say, looks as though whatever is causing the loss of sync is stopping the modem/router resyncing for about 3 minutes the first time and 2 minutes the second time.
dvvrue95
Grafter

Hi Anotherone,
I must have had to much of that yellow thing in the sky  >:(.
What I should have made clear was that the ADSL filter is connected to the test socket and a telephone doubler is connected to to that filter one for telephone and one for fax machine.
I will try running Router Stats-Lite again overnight and see what happens tomorrow, latest router info just for the record :-
BT Tester IP profile 1.29
PN profile 1.2
Line Mode ADSL2   Line State Show Time
Line Power State L0   Line Up Time 00:23:42:19
Line Coding Trellis On   Line Up Count 2

Statistics Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 1461 Kbps 603 Kbps
Noise Margin 5.7 dB 7.1 dB
Line Attenuation 65.0 dB 39.5 dB
Output Power 0.0 dBm 12.9 dBm
MSGC (number in overhead channel data) 11 12
B (number of bytes in Mux Frame) 174 18
M (number of Mux Frames in FEC Frame) 1 4
T (Mux Frames over sync bytes) 1 4
R (number of check bytes in FEC Frame) 16 12
S (ratio of FEC over PMD Frame length) 3.8105 3.9774
L (number of bits in PMD Frame) 401 177
D (interleaver depth) 8 8
Delay 7 msec 7 msec
Super Frames 5269576  5269574 
Super Frame Errors 500  0 
RS Words 89582808  89582758 
RS Correctable Errors 151769  70 
RS Uncorrectable Errors 2631  0 
HEC Errors 426  0 
OCD Errors 2  0 
LCD Errors 0  0 
ES Errors 0  0
Ian
Anotherone
Champion

Those stats don't look too bad actually. Things looking quite good inherently. Just looking back at those disconnects last night and the night before, the first one is at virtually an identical time, my original estimate from the graph is probably a bit late, and the 2nd one within a few minutes. A look at the RS log from the night before may confirm that.
I'm thinking it's around this time perhaps for an immersion or off-peak water/heating coming on and going off.
Also I'd sample at a more frequent rate with RS. One minute is rather long, I use 8 seconds, 900 points per page, that's 2hrs.per graph and gives good detail.