Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router tethering/bridging assist, Anybody? Thomson TG582n and Sagemcom F@ST2304

WonderWabbit
Grafter

Router tethering/bridging assist, Anybody? Thomson TG582n and Sagemcom F@ST2304

Hi there
anybody able to help me with a step-by-step guide tethering my Technicolor Thomson TG582n and my (exSky) Sagemcom F@ST2304 ?  Huh
All i know is to disable the wifi on the Sagem, but that's it.
Many thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------
I've had this post alive for a month, but no reply.
I understand it is possible to connect up a PNrouter to another router, to use the 2nd router as an ethernet extension?
2 REPLIES 2
WonderWabbit
Grafter

Re: Router tethering/bridging assist, Anybody? Thomson TG582n and Sagemcom F@ST2304

I wish to use my old sky sagecom router as a bridge, connected by ethernet cable, the two routers on either side of the flat.
I've also read this referred to as "Port forwarding?"
Is it possible to also use the old router as a signal extender?
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Router tethering/bridging assist, Anybody? Thomson TG582n and Sagemcom F@ST2304

if your asking can you connect them via Ethernet and then use the secondary as a range extender for the primary then yes but you have to set them on separate wifi channels and disable DHCP on the secondary router... (your also able to use the other 3 Ethernet ports for wired items)
but you have to set the sagem to have a static ip address, if your using the default 192.168.1.254 of the technicrap then set the sagem as 192.168.1.160 (so its invisible in the network diagram but you can still http to it)  this allows it to act as a gigabit switch with wifi, and allows 1 port (not ewan /adsl/phone) to hold the primary connection from the technicrap (use port 1 or port 4 or it will have problems)
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you