cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router settings/ login/ broadband speed

stevensuperbike

Router settings/ login/ broadband speed

Hi, I've just become a new plusnet member switching from Sky broadband. All my setup at home is the same apart from the router and bits sent with the new router however my bb speed is a poor 2mbps currently 10.56pm...? At Sky I had a constant and reliable 8-9mbps any time of the day. I strongly suspect it's the plusnet provider over any line fault which is highly unlikely considering I've switched only yesterday. Anyone suggest why it's soooo slow????

And another issue I have is i cant login into my router using the admin/ router password...? I'm using ip 192.168.1.254 to try and change my wifi password but won't accept the password. Very unhappy at the moment after the switch thinking of cancelling the whole thing and I also paid upfront 12 months in advance. Sky was easier to setup not a single problem with sky apart from the rising costs of its broadband service... Please help Plus.net..... Thanks, Steve
5 REPLIES 5
Welsh2016

Re: Router settings/ login/ broadband speed

Hi and welcome, are you entering the router password all in upper case

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Welsh2016

Just replied but cannot see it here

stevensuperbike

Hi thanks for replying. It does state on the back of the router that the passwords are case sensitive. They are all in CAPITALS but will try in lower case . As for the speed I bet the network is reduced at late hours.
stevensuperbike

This has not been fixed. Entered lower case and upper case password and still not working. No idea what to try next.... Anyone had this problem before?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

It might be best to factory reset your Plusnet router. Instructions are given here, just click on the picture of the router you were supplied with and follow the help text given https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/ 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT