Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router seems to be blocking a single website

FIXED
dwoolv
Dabbler

Re: Router seems to be blocking a single website

Wow - so I could politely write to this guy and ask if a block on traffic from Plusnet is really necessary.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Nothing to lose.

I'd perhaps explain the problem Plusnet customers are experiencing and share your IP though, rather than outright accuse them of blocking Wink

See if they're willing to help troubleshoot. You could always point them here as anybody is free to register a forum account.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dwoolv
Dabbler

Bob,

Thanks - will do. How do I find my IP address? Isn't a new one assigned each time I connect?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

This will tell you.

As long as your connection is fairly stable then the IP is pretty sticky.

I think we've determined from this thread that quite a few different ranges are affected anyway. Can anyone access the site on a Plusnet line?

Plusnet's ASN is AS6871 and all traffic from our network will come from these prefixes. You can carry out a lookup on this number here and it will return all of our IP ranges.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

dwoolv
Dabbler

Okay. Message sent. Will report back if I hear anything.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks for your help Bob.

If I go over there today I will test our PlusNet connection myself. Post a traceroute, and I'll PM you the full external IP we have (I think it is best to keep that to a PM).

Just trying to help if I can. If my sister nags me she wants me to bring something from the shops can you come over? This often happens - my life is rather akin to the film Groundhog Day. I'd laugh if that wasn't true 🙂

Then I will be there later today. I may as well ring her as it is around lunchtime (like many of us she is working from home) and post if I am going over.

Alex
Community Veteran

Well I rung her up, and got told off:

Sister: "What - I am trying to have a Nap!".
Me: "Okay sorry nothing important, ring me later".

I thought I was bad, but 1:30pm really is 😁 

Alex
Community Veteran

I will go over tomorrow now, as it is my nieces 6th birthday. So I have to go over. (have with a capital H).

So I will perform some tests tomorrow and will provide yourselves with updates.

I have already ordered a present, which means I need to get a bus to a shop and I am going to look where I can get a card at my village. My sister was moaning she can't find a one she likes, so I done my usual thing of asking her to send me a link for her present. It was received, and I ordered it.

I am terrible - is that being called "Lazy". I prefer "Time efficent". Both mean the same thing I guess. 😁

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Not accessible for my Plusnet fixed IP address.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dwoolv
Dabbler

Just to update all contributors to this thread, I emailed the Brazilians who purportedly put in the block but did not get a reply. That was a few weeks ago now. And I'm still not able to connect to their national statistics office.