Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router return bag?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Router return bag?

Hi
Please could someone explain the unexpected appearance of a router return bag through my letterbox this morning?  I also notice there is a closed ticket on my account (No 181646808) which says 'RMA received'.  Does this mean I am getting a replacement router - and if I am, please could you let me know when I am likely to receive it?
Thanks
Alan
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Router return bag?

Hi alanj,
I'm just looking into this. Unfortunately nothing has been documented on the account about an RMA but I'm wondering if this was done in relation to when you called us on the 4th as per ticket 79395455.
I'm trying to contact the agent now, if a router does turn up (if so I'd imagine it would tomorrow) please just pop it in the bag and post that back to us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam
Thanks for the reply - but now I am even more confused...  You say nothing has been documented on my account about an RMA, but I definitely have a service notice which was put on my account at 00:52 today which says 'RMA received' - I have tried to attach a screen shot, which I hope works!  Smiley
Yes, I was rather hoping it was related to ticket 79395455 - which relates to a call where I had asked for my router to be replaced foc. Are you really saying that if I do now receive a replacement I have to return it???
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, I should have said there is an automated ticket but nothing besides that has been documented.
Are you really saying that if I do now receive a replacement I have to return it???

Keep it if you need it, I wasn't sure if one was actually needed.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks Adam.
Sadly I am still no clearer about what is going on and whether I am getting the replacement router I requested...  I assume you weren't able to contact the agent who put ticket 79395455 on my account after I spoke to him on Sunday?  If you do manage to find out any more I would be grateful if you could let me know.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've spoken with them and they advised no RMA was arranged at that point. Sorry I'm unable to be any more specific about whether to expect a router or not. I'd like to make sure you do get on if there's a need and it's for a reason we'd be able to RMA for.
I can see mentioned on that ticket one of the lights was red but the router is otherwise working fine, is that the case?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the router seems to be suffering from the constant red internet light syndrome...  The internet light turns red and stays red, even though I still have a working internet connection.  Resetting the router (or dropping and re-establishing the PPP session seems to get everything back to normal, but a day or so later, it happens again.  I think it is often / sometimes / always followed at some point by my internet connection dropping, but I am not sure as the router is not easily visible so I don't always notice when the light is red.
I have had the router since September, and all was fine until the red light problem emerged in December.  I raised the issue in another post, and one of your colleagues suggested it might be caused by errors on my connection ( http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,121688.msg1054845.html#msg1054845 ).  I have a funny feeling the problem might only have arisen since my upload was uncapped, which could support that theory as I have seen an increase in errors upstream since then - but I'm not sure...  As it is unclear whether this is being caused by the dreaded red-light syndrome or errors, I would like the router replaced to see if that solves the problem - I am reluctant to go for having interleaving turned on or re-capping my upload speed if it is just the router playing silly devils...
I'm not sure if that's something you can help facilitate? I could also mention that my router seems to be one of the noisy whistling ones - but to be honest, even though it's in my bedroom it doesn't cause me any problems as a wardrobe between the router and the bed seems to block the whistle.  Either that or my hearing is not as good as it used to be!  Smiley
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam
Any news on this?  I had another disconnection yesterday afternoon and it reconnected with a higher sn margin on the upstream, resulting in slower upload speeds...  Router lights are back to all green, but for how long I wouldn't like to say...
Cheers
Alan
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
I'm not convinced the disconnections may be down to the router, however I've dispatched a replacement for you so we'll have to see how things go after that. Hopefully that will fix the issue but if not I'd advise raising a fault at that point: http://faults.plus.net
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Adam, you're a star!