davvy76
Grafter

Re: Router random resets and DLM

They're wired oldjim, they always are. Ip profile is:
davvy76
Grafter

Heres what its been doing since it last lost dsl about 30 mins ago:

Still a lot lower throughput compared to sync but much better than my previous post today.
davvy76
Grafter

Argh this is driving me insane! Its been syncing fine all night for around 11 hours after dropping the connection all day yesterday:

This morning I ran a speed test after taking those stats, note the low throughput compared to the line speed:

then shortly after that it drops the connection and resyncs:

And now the connection is dropping all the time again....

davvy76
Grafter

Todays efforts:

Sad
Why is the cooling off period ten days when the dlm period is ten days? Basically you get penalized for sitting tight and allowing the line the benefit of time to stabilize thus also using your cooling off period. Is one supposed to be psychic?
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Unfortunately it looks like your line has been so unstable that either the DLM has increased the target noise margin to 15, or worse it has banded the line.
It might be worth trying to determine if the drops only occur at particular times of the day - it's possible your broadband is being adversely affected by interference from some electrical device nearby (REIN), and the BT engineer wouldn't have been able to find any problem if the source of the REIN wasn't on at the time they visited. You might need to monitor the stats with software like RouterStats, as the sync speed being reduced to 4543k might workaround the line dropping.
davvy76
Grafter

Hi ejs,
That would be the mystery of my migration at work, stable line with sky fttc (40mb/ got 38) up to the transfer on 19/11/13 to plusnet and now this from day one. Completely miffed and confused, maybe someone put their Christmas lights up early!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So you moved from FTTC on Sky to ADSL on Plusnet
The results from FTTC are not relevant
Why did you change from FTTC to ADSL
davvy76
Grafter

The results are perfectly relevant seen as in the previous year prior to having sky fttc I had sky adsl2+ on the exact line which synced at around 9mbps. Not to mention fttc is more sensitive to line degradation than adsl2+, which in turn would suggest there is nothing wrong with my line to the cabinet. Like I said, sky adsl2+ synched and resolved fine prior to my credentials ending. See post 12 along with sky speed test. A BT engineer was syncing at 10mb at the master and 9.4 at the vdsl faceplate on the run of cat5e, unless it is interference as ejs says it's not my equipment at fault.
davvy76
Grafter

This is beyond a joke now, its way below plusnets conservative estimate!

davvy76
Grafter

Yesterday after my complaints someone at plusnet seems to have done an snr reset, which was great sync wise:

The ip profile was still around 4mb but I was able to stay synced at that speed and had no disconnections (I would have noticed seen as I was on xbox live approx 7pm-12pm), progress I thought!
However today my speed test results are abysmal:
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

A SNR reset is a pointless waste of time if the cause of the problem hasn't been found and fixed or disappeared by itself.
davvy76
Grafter

So i've left it to its own devices for a few days and throughput is still well below the ip profile, absolutely sick of it now. The speed is all over the place just today, on some occasions it was below 1mb but unfortunately I didn't log them. The results below are within minutes of each other from approx 10pm

1gb file test from thinkbroadband.co.uk:
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, I can see the fault is still in hand with our team and has been updated this morning, hope it's sorted soon for you - let us know if there's anything we can do to help it along.
davvy76
Grafter

As per the support ticket requests these are the bt wholesale results:

And this is the tap 3 test:

These are the router stats: