cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router or line problem, not sure

andyfzr
Dabbler

Router or line problem, not sure

Everythings been fine for ages but about 3 or 4 months ago I started getting problems with my internet dropping the connection. I did all the usual things and after a router reboot was fine. This happened again and again after a couple of weeks or so then I ended up swapping the router, again this sorted it and I assumed the router was the problem then again after 2 or 3 weeks the same thing so I went back to the old router and it was working again. Again after a couple of weeks the same thing then about 3 weeks ago I managed to get an identical router of another plusnet router off somebody and it worked fine for a couple of weeks and last night the router went haywire and started rebooting then now and again worked for a few mins then all the lights would go out then eventually just the power light came on but no wifi or anything else so im back on my original router technicolor TG582n and its working again for now and I dont know what happened to the other technicolor router as Ive never seen one do that before. I just get the feeling its a line problem as ive tried several routers, cables etc. I guess it will work for a few weeks and do the same, I just dont know what to expect or it might work for ages. Any ideas if anyone knows what this might be or is it just a case of replacing everything from new and starting again.

8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Router or line problem, not sure

Have you checked your line isn't noisy by using Openreach quiet line test via dialling 17070.?

Ideally in your TEST SOCKET; then in normal socket.

If noisy you need to get phone line fixed; this may solve your BB issues.

Also follow link below; if BB fault found system will generate fault report, though a pop up

may say "There's a problem.." at end of process ignore.

andyfzr
Dabbler

Hi, I tried what you said but when I use the broadband check it says so i'll try again later, thanks

Broadband Troubleshooter - Error

There's been a problem

Please try using the Broadband Troubleshooter again in a short while. If you continue to have problems please contact our Support Team for help.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@AlexD @HarryB @MatthewWheeler @adamwalker - 3 days without a PN touch

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andyfzr
Dabbler

I'm not sure what you mean by that on touch
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

He’s just bringing it to the attention of on staff members to have a look
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

At the moment things look stable.

If the drops come back I'd recommend re-raising a fault.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Any comment on the B.B. trouble shooter failure? Is it a generic issue or account specific?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Andy, 

I can see a fault was raised last Wednesday but the ticket was then closed straight away. 

Are you still having issues? FYI we're seeing an ongoing connection of over 7 days.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team