Did you mean: 

Router light flashing orange.

cobb1es
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Router light flashing orange.

Hi all

I have a hub 1 router.

For the past 5 days the light flashes orange and I lose connection. After a few minutes the light is solid blue and I am back online. Sometimes it goes to solid orange.

I spoke to Plusnet and they said there does appear to be a fault on the line. He updated the ticket "Potential HR Joint detected on GEA service.". Is this a Plusnet issue or a non-Plusnet issue - in other words I dont want to pay £65 for a Plusnet engineer call out.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Router light flashing orange.

You will only have to pay the £65 if the engineer can't get into your property if an appointment is arranged or if he finds problems within your side of the master socket. So if you have done all the tests described in the Help section, and as advised by CS, then you should not be charged.

However it would appear that CS have done the basic checks, so the only way to determine where the fault lies is to call out an engineer.

So have you looked at the Help section?

Is your phone line working OK - dial 17070 option 2 is the line quiet?

Have you tried the router in the hidden test socket revealed by unscrewing the two screws on the master socket?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Router light flashing orange.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Essentially this means there's a external fault on the line so there's no need for a engineer to visit at this moment in time.

We'll update you as soon as we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team