cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router in restart loop

Snake99

Router in restart loop

Hi, like the subject states I'm having a problem with the router Plusnet supplied. Basically it keeps restarting when it gets to connecting to broadband stage. My router is the Technicolor TG582n I think. I've tried leaving it switched off but it still won't connect. UPDATE: I factory restored it and it seems to be working somewhat but the wifi seems to be hit and miss. Sorry, meant to ask could it be a firmware update thats gone bad or a faulty router?
6 REPLIES 6
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: Router in restart loop

Hey Snake99,
Thanks for getting in touch. I've ran a few tests on the line, everything looks fine so I'm going to take a guess that the router is on its way out or its not playing ball.
I've arranged for another one to be sent out to you in the next few days.
Dan
Snake99

Awesome thanks Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just an observation I've made - it could be that for some reason, interference of some sort - (RFI) has corrupted the firmware and settings in the memory and a factory reset has restored uncorrupted firmware. You may now be on a different wireless channel from previously which may have some bearing on the wireless performance. Login to the modem/router and go to the wireless configuration if you want to change things.
In any event the new modem/router should confirm one way or the other, but it will be interesting to hear how things go in the meantime.
Snake99

Yeah I thought it was the channel changing but it kept the same channel even after the reset, but the wireless just cuts off even when I'm like 2 feet away from the router and I used multiple devices to verify 😕
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
Hopefully the new router that Dan sent will sort it. Let us know if you have any more issues.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Oh well Snake99, it does sound like the modem/router has failed, certainly in the wireless department! Hope the replacement arrives soon.