Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router faulty??

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Router faulty??

Understandably you don't want to commit to anything.... Just a thought, as there is an open fault, can he even order at the min, as God forbid OR can deal with two separate things at once
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

While having an open fault report and an open order should be OK, we may not be able to book an engineer on the fault while the order is in progress. I'm coming from directly from experience here. It may be worth pursuing the fault in favour of the fibre order in case (and hopefully not!) the order encounters delays and doesn't complete in timely fashion. Once we're sure the fault is resolved and the broadband is performing within expectations I think that may be the time to think about upgrading, but ultimately it'll be up to your dad (and possibly yourself?) to make the decision.

[edit]

Just to add, having said that we’re happy to try to answer any more questions you might have so you/your dad can make an informed decision.  

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

I have attached the stats from today, both with and without the faceplate. Also attached the stats from before the E side pair change, showing the significant difference in attenuation. Today the attenuation is better with the faceplate attached at 72dB against 73.5dB...   Odd as the chap from csc said that there was still an HR fault on the line with the faceplate attached but this resolved with the faceplate removed and line in the test socket.....  CSC are ringing him back tuesday to see if the line has settled down, and returned to normal. My feeling is that the E side pair is still faulty.....

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @penfold,

I can see that the agent you spoke to on Friday has now taken your issue on as a personal and is due to call you tomorrow, but this is to find out if the problem is resolved which as you've noted it isn't. As it's still ongoing it's probably time to rearrange another visit, if you can update the ticket with availability and we can get this arranged for you. 

EDIT

Just checking the components on the account and have noticed the routers are quite old. Have we actually supplied you with new equipment?

penfold
Aspiring Pro

You have not sent me any new hardware.  Currently using a BT HH5.   I have tried a different router, a plusnet hubone, with no obvious changes to the line.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @penfold,

As @JOLO said previously, in that case its probably safe to say we need to arrange an engineer. If you want to respond to the ticket with availability, alternatively since one of our faults agents has taken this as a personal he'll be giving you a call tomorrow and you could arrange one with him then.

If you do respond to the ticket, let us know here too and we can pick it up asap.