Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router facilities

cbcadmin
Grafter

Router facilities

Just signed up.

What router is being supplied atm? Does it support NAT loopback?

TIA

Keef- Sheerness Kent UK - Vodafone FTTP via THG3000 & Three via ZTE MF286D

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
9 REPLIES 9
Shep41
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Router facilities

At the moment, they are sending out the awful hub one. Which is a rebadge BT homehub 5 but white. As for NAT loopback I have no idea but I'm sure someone will come along and answer that for you .
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Ok I actually cheated and did a quick Google (as we all do), but from this thread of the BT forums it appears it is possible.

Never tried it, so I can't help any further really.

cbcadmin
Grafter

Cheers for that.

Maybe something they could add to the info page. Or maybe not? Just another thing to go wrong? Wink

Previously - NowTV, John Lewis, Shell Energy, Plusnet, Sky, EE, New Call Telecom/Fuelbroadband, Virgin/NTL/Bell Cable, Crosswinds, IC24, FreeOnlineNet, X-Stream, Totalise, Freeserve, Force9, TescoNet, AOL, Freenetname, Pipex, E7
cbcadmin
Grafter

Thanks.

Knowing the router helps. I am assuming there is no HH5; just a HH5a? Wink

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@cbcadmin 

For ADSL Plusnet supply a Sagecom 2704N. Fibre customers get a Hub One, which has BT Home Hub 5A  hardware (note that there is also a HH 5B but that is not used) but tweeked Plusnet firmware which might influence whether it will do what you want.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cbcadmin
Grafter

Thanks for that.

Found
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/01/isp-plusnet-launch-faster-hub-zero-2704n-broadband-rou... yet to establish if it does NAT loopback. Sad

cbcadmin
Grafter

Going on https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/Technicolour-versus-Sagem-2704n/td-p/1311503 looks like I'd be better off sticking with my 582N. Unless anyone can explain/solve the issues?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@cbcadmin 

If you read this it might confirm this view, especially this sentence 

These are some of the worst speeds we’ve seen from any router.

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/plusnet/1403635/plusnet-hub-zero-2704n-review

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

cbcadmin
Grafter

Thanks.

I don't know why they bother sending out these routers if they are as bad as the reviews say. Perhaps most won't have any experience of alternatives or they just like clogging up their complaints channels with customers with slow connections?