Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router dispatched?

mattdanielc
Grafter

Re: Router dispatched?

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi there,
I've just checked and you should stil receive you router by Thursday.  I'd expect you to have it come Wednesday even Smiley

Hi James
Thanks for the help...but sadly doesn't look I will get it in time for the activation tomorrow Sad
The status in my order tracker still says 'The order is awaiting processing' for the hardware delivery. 
James
Grafter

It's still possible that you will receive it tomorrow.
That's the status that you'll see until it has actually been dispatched by our supplier.  2 days is pretty normal for this state.
Dareyn
Dabbler

My order was placed on the 11th/12th and I still haven't received it. Huh I think I can recall being told 2 to 3 days following my order. Roll_eyes
I don't mind having to wait for things but it would have been nice for someone to have told me that there was a problem with supplies rather than having my Order Status display 'Awaiting Processing' which could mean many different things. Having said that, the flashing arrow next to the 'Hardware dispatch pending' does gives me something to while away the hours. Cheesy
My recent enquiries have been answered by staff though which is good. I know it's not a matter of 'life or death' but PN were quick enough to process the p&p for the hardware, so for that a little note to say there would be delays, would have been nice. Wink
James
Grafter

Hi Dareyn,
I appreciate that there wasn't a specific note applied to your account regarding your hardware delays and I am sorry for any bother that it has caused you.  Let's be fair, staring at a flashing icon for hours can't be good for your health!
We published a problem on this last week, showing the delays that were being experienced.  We should probably have written a service status regarding this aswell, but that's an oversight on my part, which again, I'm sorry for.
http://portal.plus.net/support/service/problems/problem.php?intProblemId=49375
Hopefully it should be with you in the next day or so.
Dareyn
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply James. I look forward to receiving my parcel soon.  Smiley
Teds31
Grafter

Hi ,I think this maybe a slightly differant question,my Bin L who is a PN customer has applied for Option 2 but his modem has packed up ,he was told he would be on Op2 by 28th but he now has no internet connection.could you find out when he will receive his router.Sorry I cant put his details on here.
James
Grafter

Ted,
As per my earlier post, we should be sending out Voyager 2091s (1 port wireless) either today or tomorrow. That's the hardware we would send out on Option 2.
Teds31
Grafter

Thanks james its just that they have no connection and I said I would enquire.I will let them know.
Be3G
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
We published a problem on this last week, showing the delays that were being experienced.  We should probably have written a service status regarding this aswell, but that's an oversight on my part, which again, I'm sorry for.

Obviously this problem doesn't have anything to do with me as I've been connected to PN for, hmm, five and a half years now, but, I think it's worth pointing out a little bit of 'common sense': newcomers to PlusNet (who would, presumably, make up a considerable portion of the people ordering new hardware), are very unlikely to know about the 'priority problems' on the portal and, I would imagine, are fairly likely to not even know about service status either. Obviously there are exceptions - a couple of people evidently found their way to this forum - but other less technology-savvy people would have probably had no idea. As such, I think in situations like this a quick e-mail to the customer's e-mail address (or even a quick phone call - I remember getting one about my hardware order all those years ago) would have been the best way forward.
Just my £0.02. Smiley
James
Grafter

And perfectly valid feedback.
Tsonga
Grafter

Still no sign of anything, doh! I wanted it before the weekend as my brother is visiting and he is a computer wizard.  Cry
James
Grafter

Hi Blue,
All of our backlogged hardware orders should be received today.
Sorry it's taken so long Sad
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Just a me too post Cheesy
A friend of mine ordered Broadband (Option 2) last week and his line has been activated today.
He still hasn't recieved any hardware yet .. it's not a massive problem though as I'll be going round there tonight armed with my spare router and will set it up for him using that for now.
I assume it'll be a another day or so?
James
Grafter

Hi Alex,
If you could let me know the username, I'll be able to check for you.
Dareyn
Dabbler

Whoooooooooooo!
Cheesy Received my router this am, looked at the box as didn't have time to open. It's the BT1800HG, is this the one normally offered with the Pro Package? Can anyone tell me about these models? as I've tried searching from computer at work but can find very little about them and no reviews. Also one thing I did find is a few companies who have this router for £40 and you can buy for £25 from e-bay. I understand that I received this router on the condition that I continue with PN for the next 12 months which at the moment isn't a problem but I just wondered how the £50 charge for equipment came about. Huh