Did you mean: 

Router dispatched?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Router dispatched?

Quote from: mikeyd
Well not today.  If it isn't here tomorrow I'm gonna cry.

I've asked one of the guys in products to take a look at your order tomorrow to make sure it's definitely on it's way.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mattdanielc
Grafter

Just to say my router arrived yesterday... many thanks for chasing this James  Kiss
Bigdavel
Dabbler

Quote from: Bob
Quote from: mikeyd
Well not today.  If it isn't here tomorrow I'm gonna cry.

I've asked one of the guys in products to take a look at your order tomorrow to make sure it's definitely on it's way.

I am also waiting for my wireless router to be processed and I had broadband connected on Tuesday.  And have paid my first subscription.  Without going into nagging mode could someone let me know when it is likely that I can avail myself of your excellent (I am sure) broadband service ?  Huh
thanks
BigDavel
James
Grafter

Hi Dave,
The last of the backlogged orders on Voyager 2091 should be received today as BT were sending them all out on Wednesday.
I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long.
Bigdavel
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Dave,
The last of the backlogged orders on Voyager 2091 should be received today as BT were sending them all out on Wednesday.
I'm sorry that you've had to wait so long.

Thanks. I have sent a private (but polite) message to Bob as well. Appreciate swift response !
mikeyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Bigdavel

I am also waiting for my wireless router to be processed and I had broadband connected on Tuesday.  And have paid my first subscription.  Without going into nagging mode could someone let me know when it is likely that I can avail myself of your excellent (I am sure) broadband service ?  Huh
thanks
BigDavel

Back of the queue please, Me first.  Smiley
Quote from: Bob

I'm looking forward to their reply.
James
Grafter

Mike,
I'll have some more news on this for you later on this morning.
Speak to you soon.
mikeyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Jameseh
Mike,
I'll have some more news on this for you later on this morning.
Speak to you soon.

Good things come to those who wait.
I can put the tissues away as I have just had a call to say it has arrived.
Many thank for keeping me updated throughout.
Darren
Grafter

Quote from: Bigdavel

thanks
BigDavel

Hi Dave, apologies for the delay, I've just gotten off the phone with our warehouse and the nice lady there said it had been dispatched yesterday, hopefully that means by the time you read this message you'll already have your router.  I've sent you a PM with the details for the tracking code for the order.
Bigdavel
Dabbler

Hi folks,
thanks for the router and appreciate your efforts.... unfortunately it appears to be faulty.
Wired up filter, router and yellow cable to PC and signed up via Voyager home.  Connect to internet for about 25 seconds and then it stops (green light goes out on filter etc).  Meanwhile voice/phone gives out intermittent hissing sounds.  Voyager home keeps telling me that router not ready to connect to bb or status : training etc......
Phoned helpline and spoke to Gareth who asked me to do the following tests :
1. Swap filters (tried three !)
2. Disconnect phone from line.  (I disconnected the phone associated to the filter - not sure if Gareth wanted me to disconnect every phone in the house though !)
3. Phone BT 150 to test line - they say it appears fine and phone is minus hiss if broadband router etc is disconnected from socket/filter.
4. Tried router on neighbours broadband and he didn't get anywhere with it either !
So Kevin on helpline is sending me a replacement router.......
Having a lot of fun with this folks !
ps How much do the phone calls to helpline cost ?... and I am still on my old ntl/virgin dial up !
Fun ! Fun ! Fun !  Roll_eyes
Tsonga
Grafter

Have you tried setting it up with the USB cable (the blue one)? I didn't get anywhere with the Ethernet cable either...
Actually, is there a particular reason why you are told on the instructions that Ethernet is better than USB?

Update re: Ethernet cable (10/02).
My Ethernet driver was missing. Ethernet working very well now.
Bigdavel
Dabbler

You have a point re: usb.... but is ethernet faster ?  anyone like to elaborate ?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

ethernet is faster than USB or wireless
Tsonga
Grafter

Ahhhhhhhhh! So that's what it is!
I shall have to give Ethernet another try then...
Any luck with USB Bigdavel?
Bigdavel
Dabbler

It gives me 60 secs of internet and cuts out.....  using the 60 secs now ... so fingers crossed it won't cut ooooouttt !!!!