cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router disconnections

AndyH
Grafter

Re: Router disconnections

Hmm...I seem to recall other users getting those emails.
If you go to http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and put in your phone number, what does it say for download/upload speed?
Your noise levels are pretty high which probably means you live a fair distance from your exchange.
Out of interested, are you connected to the master socket? Do you have much internal wiring for other sockets?
Alex2x
Grafter

It was an error about the 17mb download I think , my reading off it say's up 6mb download. Also yes I am connected to the master socket,  and there is only one other socket in the house, and that on the opposite wall in this room.
I will monitor the connection in the next few days or so see if this problem sorts it self out. Hopefully with the Netgear modem running thing might improve.
Thanks for your help, its nice to get some feedback from other people.
AndyH
Grafter

Out of interest, why don't you get fibre? This would give you up to 60 meg according to BT's estimates.
There is also an offer on at the moment for half price (£9.99 a month for 6 months) for unlimited fibre.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The "estimate" is based on your current line speed and history once you already have broadband, use the postcode checker for a less accurate but not based on current performance estimate.
Alex2x
Grafter

That's a great offer for Fiber. But I'm trying to save the penny's. I'll give the postcode checker a try never thought off that.
Thanks.
Alex2x
Grafter

Where can I request have interleaving turned off.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Alex2x,
I've placed a modify order to remove interleaving from your line, this will complete tomorrow.
Let us know how your connection is without it.
Alex2x
Grafter

Will do thank you
Alex2x
Grafter

How will I know. If my interleaving has been turned off I cant find any info for this.
Alex2x
Grafter

Can someone please tell me how I find out if my interleaving is off. I can't seem to find anything in the user account pages.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Look at the stats on your router and if there are no FEC errors reported then it is not interleaved
Alex2x
Grafter

My Netgear DG834N doesn't display that info. Is the nowhere on the account pages that can display  whether I'm interleaved or not.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Two ways of getting it
Telnet into the router or install Routerstats which will work and give you the information
Alex2x
Grafter

Cheers m8
Alex2x
Grafter

Is it possible that my Router is broken, the internet disconnects and all the lights remain on the router, the only way to reset the connection is to cut the power to the router.
I have attached the telnet info seems I am still interleaved.