cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Interface Slowed

David_W
Rising Star

Router Interface Slowed

I'm using a netgear DG834G.  My problem is that when I try to bring up the settings on the router, it slows signifigantly.  Just getting to the start page can take 10 seconds+, just connecting/disconnecting via the buttons on the interface can take a while too.
My internet speeds are perfectly fine, upload/download is perfect, and I can bring up websites easily, its just my routers interface that has slowed to a crawl.
I did think it could be overheating, so I unplugged it overnight but to no avail.  I've switched it out for a BT Home Hub and have no issues getting that ones interface up and running, but I don't really like the home hub, not enough options to play with.
Does anyone have any idea as to why my router should start to run as slow as Eddie the Eagle Edwards?
4 REPLIES 4
samuria
Grafter

Re: Router Interface Slowed

It could be the pages use Java/javascript and your AV is scanning it before it lets it load.
Try disabling AV and see if it  makes any difference
David_W
Rising Star

Yep, thats the problem, I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security, now to figure out how to add my router to a "don't check this site" list.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

rather than trying to help as I don't know how to solve it I suggest asking here linky
I have a Speedtouch router and also an old Netgear and I have never seen that problem
One thing which would be worth doing is to disable each part of KIS in turn to find out what is doing it.
Also have a look in the reports under the events section and see if there is anything obvious
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just a thought - if you go to windows start menu, settings, network connections then right click on the network and select properties you should see one called Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS 6 Filter - try unchecking that and see if it helps