cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rock Bottom speed

exporters
Grafter

Re: Rock Bottom speed

Adam, I'm not certain who is 'owning' my problem now or to whom to address an issue.  Whoever, I appreciate that someone @ PN is and thank you for that.
It seems the only stable stat. I have is a constantly low IP 1000; presume the 7 disconnections I can see over the last 12 hrs also results in the DSL connection dropping each time.  In this state IP & D/loads will never improve.  So, where do we go from here?  We used to get IP's > 5,000 & d/loads up to 4 Meg.  Albeit, only for 3-6 days.
If two BT engineers in one week cannot crack the problem, from your previous comments, it must now be with BTw.  Who triggers that off? 
I am more than frustrated every time it's mentioned in the family, 'Oh the BB is down again' or 'it's  in slow mode' [no iPlayer etc]
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Ian,
No one specific has taken ownership of the fault. Think of it as a group effort between me Jojo and Ben so far. I'm most disappointed about how the visit seemed to go yesterday and will chase this with BTW shortly for you.
I know these things can be painful especially where expectant family members are concerned. I need to get the full notes from the engineer visit which I will do ASAP this afternoon. Following that one of us will update you again.
If two BT engineers in one week cannot crack the problem, from your previous comments, it must now be with BTw.  Who triggers that off?

The whole point of arranging these visits apart from them attempting to resolve the problem was to pass a certain number of quality gates that would allow us to escalate the fault to a specific complex faults team within BT wholesale  (I may have mentioned this to you before). They are empowered to review the whole fault history in detail including previously raised faults and dispatch any relevant engineers to your premises, the local network or the exchange as appropriate.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
exporters
Grafter

Very good of you Adam; the 'team approach' is effective I just did not wish to bounce my moan around too many!
Own morale kept up by reading other +ve forums with steady/good d/loads, particularly one earlier this morning.  PN still continues to demonstrate a high level of customer commitment & ownership to customer difficulties, as far as I am concerned.  When this prob. gets sorted once & for all, we'll all raise our glasses. Hopefully, before I get much older!
Ta, Ian
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

exporters,
And I hope the same for you, my beard has grown about 4 inches since you originally raised this issue with us Smiley
On a more serious note we do need to arrange another engineer visit here. I have now escalated your fault which should further reduce the risk of our engineer notes not being followed (as it seems they may not have been yesterday).
Could you please let me know when you are available and I'll get back on the case for you.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
exporters
Grafter

Adam, humour is certainly needed!
Next week, Mon pm; Tue am; W am/pm; for BT whoever.  One point, we have BT two poles o/side & one has a yellow prohibition tag; means they require a lift hoist to inspect in case it falls over!  No one has inspected it as a result.
Ian
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

exporters,
In that case be prepared to run if you hear someone shout 'TIMBER!'
According to the engineer that visited yesterday pairs from the poles and the cabs were tested and working OK so they may not even need to inspect those. I'm going to make the booking now and will update your ticket and your post here shortly.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The booking has been made for Monday PM.
As I mentioned, the case has been escalated now and specific instructions have been passed to the engineer so here's hoping things go a little smoother this time.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
exporters
Grafter

Jojo, I see my set up is showing a steady connection & IP Profile holding @ 5000, I wonder if you or someone would give the PN side a nudge please.
Btw, this could all be a false dawn but would like to see how things pan out over w/end.  If it is still holding steady early morning Monday, would Adam still wish a BT visit in the afternoon?
The pessimist in me says, I've seen it all before & unless we know something has been altered, I am suspicious!
exporters
Grafter

So, I gather Jojo has left from her 'secondment'  - sad loss to us all.
Adam, please see previous post & for info, BT/PN profiles now match. 
From BT speedtest,
D/load  @ 3808,
IP Profile 5000DSL 448/5760
SNR 19/15
Atten. 19/34
Whether this lasts the w/end remains to be seen; what has happened to steady things down, I don't know.
exporters
Grafter

Adam, good morning.  Forget my two previous replies.
Two days of 3meg & sorry to say now back to 0.456.
Rot started @ 11.00pm Sunday & went d'hill through the night.  Please see below.
What is the brief for the BT engineer this afternoon, please.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The notes for the engineer as as follows:
TRC SFI booked for dropping sync issue, fit ssfp & rf3 filters, perform lift & shift, hawk, pair quality, eclipse, apts test to verify no network issue. This is long line, check for possible steps to restore the service.

Some explanation may be in order...
TRC SFI - an engineer booked for longer than the standard 2 hour visit (time related charges special faults investigation)
ssfp - fitted faceplate on the master socket (service specific front plate)
rf3 filters - a filter that blocks external radio frequency interference
lift & shift - moving your line to another port in the exchange
hawk - basic test system
pair quality - basic check of electrical line characteristics
eclipse - basic ADSL test
apts - authentication test
exporters
Grafter

Ben, thank you for inf.
Openreach contacted me 3.45pm, said no house entry necessary & left message confirming 'Lift/Shift' carried out [seems about 4.30pm graph below]
PROBLEM, apart from continuous disconnections 2.00am to 8.00am where do we go next, please?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry to hear we haven't got this one fixed Sad
I've contacted the Faults Team Managers to ask for a senior member of staff to take ownership of your fault and escalate it with our providers, as they are best placed to come to a speedy solution. They'll be in touch shortly.
exporters
Grafter

I'm just wondering what one can learn from the Thomson events log.  I don't understand it - is there any guidance somewhere, please?
Also, I see that from RouterStats much of the haywire performance of drop outs, often occur in the early hours of the morning [after 12.00am up to 6.am]. 
With BT having swapped both lines [xchange & to my home], also a lift & shift, what else is there in the way of hardware/wire that can be causing drop outs of this proportion. Apart from the time & frustration this is causing @ home, I really have no issues with PN & BT; the latter sent the same chap 3 times & he has progressively, eliminated/fixed bits of the system - good but unfortunately performance is still well below par.
Anyone any thoughts please.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

exporters,
Being realistic there are too many potential factors that could cause this kind of fault to mention really. However the most common causes of Intermittent faults do seem to be related to cabling or jumpering problems with the physical line, this is essentially what the idea was behind performing a lift and shift as the line would be rejumpered at the exchange which can overcome some of the line jumpering problems I have mentioned.
I can see that your connection is still dropping at the moment so there may be some other factors at play here but at least a lot has been eliminated so far.
We'll need to leave this in the capable hands of our faults team for now but we will make sure that you are kept updated.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team