cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rock Bottom speed

exporters
Grafter

Re: Rock Bottom speed

Well, the speed with which you have activated action with BTw Adam, is an encouregement - concerned that we would be going into the w/end &  a 'black hole'.
Ian
exporters
Grafter

Well, @ 10.15pm on a Friday night & with the w/end coming up, I cannot believe that a PN B/b service can be so hit & miss.  It is absolutely appalling & if anything a 'disservice'.  So who is it that is not doing what they should or backing up another part of the eternal triangle?  PN/BT/BTw?
It looks as if I would have been better not having had a BT  visit on Thursday - all that has happened to me the customer is continuous disconnections, SNR bouncing all over the place, BB speeds < 200kbps.  Signs of real hope & then dashed.
Feeling totally let down & up the creek without the hope of a even a paddle since PN are off duty it seems over the w/end.
AngryPa
Grafter

Dear Exporters,
Just wanted to update you and give you some hope, Stick with Adam, he does know what he's doing, and yes I think they all have the w/e off.
As of tonight I've had aconnection of just over 3 meg , but a download of only 125 kbps.
Did the bt speedtest and it said my profile was 2500 kbps, but only got a download of 206 kbps.
Rang PN and tehy reset my profile at their end, rebooted router and as of an hour ago have had amazing download of 2,6 mbps, my previous best being 1.5mbps efore my problem started 3 montha ago.
I know you have had this for a lot longer, but please stick with Adam, and I hope your bb nightmare will end the same as mine appears to be at the moment.
Regards,
AngryPa
exporters
Grafter

Well AngryPa, much appreciated your concerns - I have no problem with Adam's competence, dedication etc; he was a key runner/support, way back in April & one of the reasons I'm still in here with PN. 
The longer things continue to spiral down, just as one thinks they have been sorted, makes me convinced continuity, ownership of the problem by someone @ PN is essential.  I have had so many false dawns.  At present I think 'we' might be on to something after a line swap @ the road box to xchange.  That seems to have thrown the BT xchange system/my line into a frenzy & SNR/connection speeds have been going haywire as if it can't make it's mind up or what to do [RouterStats noise margin flying about @15-30, sync 1500/8000]. 
Do hope you continue to retain the upward spiral!
Cheers, Ian
At present, I have have been left with half a paddle up the creek over the w/end [excuse my flippancy - a release valve] & @ present d/loads are about 1.1M.
exporters
Grafter

Good morning Adam; when you get around to this on a Monday morning, you will see my 'rant on Friday evening etc.  I've attached stats just taken of the system my end a short while ago.
No idea what is happening [good/bad], is supposed to or the real consequences of last Thursday's BT changes;  I was told that time did not permit a 'D/shift',  left the 'lift & shift' etc.  Means little to me but just when I thought, things were getting somewhere after a line swap, it all seemed to go haywire. Wild noise stats, disconnections, fluctuating syncs.  You know the rest. Still a mediocre service - I live in hope & PN's expertise.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

exporters,
I'm sorry to hear that the last engineer to visit was unable to resolve this for you after replacing the e-side cabling.
As things stand I'm going to recommend another SFI engineer visit. The main purpose of recommending this route again is so we can request a full check and any necessarry work to be done on the D-side cabling and also for a lift and shift to be carried out at the exchange.
In the event of this work not resolving the fault I will then be able to escalate the case to the complex faults team within BT Wholesale, they should be able to take a more thorough approach by taking ownership of the problem and and related engineering work that may then need to be done.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
exporters
Grafter

Good to have a coordinated aim, I'm sure Adam. What time scale?
In the meantime Noise margin 31dB [was 15 dB this am] sync 1408 [was 5692 this am], disconnections seem & lower d/load speeds.
Bt speedtest result attached.
exporters
Grafter

Good morning Adam - I've attached today's stats my end. 
After most of y'day shooting up to a Noise margin of 31.5bB/sync 1000, I did a reboot earlier today & seems back to norm of 15dB & 5856kbps.  Only constant seems to be Attenuation & still no improvement with d/load speed.
When do you envisage BTw getting to grips with this?
Thanks.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi exporters, Adam isn't in today  so I've been looking into it. There's a faults guy who's working on it and he said he'll give you a call when he gets some more info. In the meantime if you could update your ticket with 3 possible engineer access dates - anytime from tomorrow 8-1pm(AM) or 1-6pm(PM)
Jojo Smiley
exporters
Grafter

Afternoon Jojo,
Much appreciated; had a good chat with the 'faults guy' & agreed Wed afternoon.  I understand that he has spoken with BT engineer who has been assigned to the task to ensure they come with a PN brief as to what should be checked.
Sounds hopeful & thank you.
Ian
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Ian, I hope they get to the bottom of it for you finally.
Jojo Smiley
exporters
Grafter

Adam [or Ben, Jojo] just an update on No.5 BT engineers visit today.
Posted more detailed notes on Ticket but suffice to say that house system came through, all OK. [same as previous vists] but he replaced the other half of cabling from road cabinet to house; last week it was the cabinet wire to x/change.
I await to see if stability & d/load speeds increase over next day or so. I think we all await with bated breath but THANK YOU PN team for your o/sight & pushing for an improved, reliable performance. I've attached two sets stats
Ian
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi exporters,
I'll keep an eye on the BT profile for you and as soon as it lifts I'll make sure ours is aligned.
Jojo Smiley
exporters
Grafter

Adam, below are the results since y'days BT visit, two in one week!  NO CHANGE, exactly the same drop outs & low speeds as of past weeks.
As far as I'm aware the only thing BT did was swap a wire, having verified that the house set up was OK [the last 4 BT visits have done that].  The more serious work requested by PN @ the x/change to resolve my woes seemed to be ignored.
This is disappointing & I am fed up with BT visits and lack of progress.  The engineers come, oblivious of previous visit detail or any brief as to why they are calling in the first place, other than 'it's a BB fault'?  Very hit & miss, I would say & costly.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes, Exporters, this is very disappointing. I'll give the faults guy who was dealing with it a nudge when he comes in and see if he can find out what's going on.
Jojo Smiley