cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roath Cabinet P34

darkvamp

Roath Cabinet P34

Hi
Does anyone have any info on when 'Roath Cabinet P34' is going to get switched on to FTTC?
Over the past year they kept moving the date back 3 months and finally in January they said repair work on the ducts was due to start in February however they have closed down the NGA Enquiry portal so there's no way to ask them now. So hoping someone might have a more recent update before the portal was closed.
Thanks
Andrew
9 REPLIES 9
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Roath Cabinet P34

Your best chance is to ask the contractors/Openreach working on the cabinet. They are normally quite helpful.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Andrew,
The only information we have at the moment is that BT are expecting the work to be completed by the end of March. We've not been notified at this stage of any further delays.
darkvamp

Thanks for the update Chris  Smiley
Another quick question, Do they give the suppliers further info closer to the date or is it just a case of they only inform you when it's active? As Openreach have been pretty terrible and handing out information to the general public.
Thanks
Andrew
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Andrew,
The information we get is from the BT Availability Checker. We are notified when a particular Cabinet has gone active, at which point, we notify our customers (who are opted in to notifications) that this has happened and that they can now order FTTC).
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Sorry to jump in here...  @Chris  Would you have any ideas on Blackburn Cab55.  According to the openreach engineer we had out a few months ago, he said it just needed switching on.  As the NGA website now will not answer querys, can you ask about at all?Huh
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Chris
Hi Andrew,
The information we get is from the BT Availability Checker. We are notified when a particular Cabinet has gone active, at which point, we notify our customers (who are opted in to notifications) that this has happened and that they can now order FTTC).

Chris - how do we register our interest that we would like FTTC when our cabinet is upgraded. I live on a new development and our cabinet doesn't  have the second green cabinet alongsde that houses the FTTC equipment, although I was told by the local Openreach technician that fibre is terminated there.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@penfold - There's not a lot of information we get given that isn't available to customers which is http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/ - other than that, we're only made aware that we can provide FTTC once the availability checker shows that it's available.
@Mal08 - It depends. FTTC Cabinets will only serve a certain vicinity, you should keep an eye on the availability on the above links and if FTTC becomes available, it should give you the option to change products on our 'Product Change' page in the Member Centre.
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Thanks Chris,
I'd already tried to see if I could get fibre on the PN site - but couldnt find anywhere to register my interest, so I did it on the BT site !!!!!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unless it's the same place, you can express your interest here: http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx