cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse DNS not possible residential account?

Strike
Dabbler

Reverse DNS not possible residential account?

I have ordered Static IP this morning and I would like to change Reverse DNS to static-ip.plus.com
I have rang Customer Support (wait 30 mins to get through!!) and they said is not possible on residential account. Only for business account.
Really annoyed.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Reverse DNS not possible residential account?

It is possible on a residential account, however it's better to raise a ticket rather than call as there are only certain people that can do this within the CSC and a ticket will go directly to them.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've now done that change for you, it'll take a few hours to change. I'll speak to the agent you called and make sure they're aware that this can be done.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Strike
Dabbler

Thank you.
username.plus.com is really silly and dangerous. Two reason: Exposing my username (privacy reason) and security.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, we understand why some customers might want to change this and we're happy to do so if anyone needs that to be done.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team