cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to Plusnet!

rammie1976
Grafter

Return to Plusnet!

Err hi folks, it seems I might be returning to +net, I've just requested my MAC.  Roll_eyes 
So is there a way to migrate in and use my old account details that I downgraded to a Free dialup (to enable me to keep using the email accounts) or do I need to choose a new username? Thanks.  Smiley
Has much changed!?  Wink
19 REPLIES 19
James
Grafter

Re: Return to Plusnet!

Hiya,
Did you post this on ThinkBroadband too?  If you didn't then someones asked the exact same question!
It is easier if you sign up for a new account.  You can continue to keep using your email service on your old account though.
rammie1976
Grafter

Yeah I did, sorry impatient.  Cheesy
Thanks for the quick reply.
rammie1976
Grafter

Got my MAC in less than 30 minutes,  Shocked is there anything I should be aware of before migrating in? How long will it take, I hope to pay by DD and have about 2 weeks left on my old NewNet account and I'd like to use up their bandwidth!  Grin
James
Grafter

Hiya,
If you're paying by DD only (ie: not using a card to make an initial payment) it'll take around 2 weeks, maybe slightly longer depending on the speed of your bank to set up a direct debit instruction.
The best way to do it is to sign up with a card for the first payment and then using direct debit for subsequent payments.  That way, it takes about a week to complete.
rammie1976
Grafter

Hi James
I've ordered my new Plusnet account - when I put in my migration details it asked when I wanted the account from, I chose 06/10/08. In the emails that I've been sent so far confirming stuff and talking about 'what happens next' there is no mention of the date I chose. I do not wish to be using and charged for the account before I need to be, will the date I chose be confirmed somewhere?
James
Grafter

It's okay - We'll place the order for the date that you have requested.
Mark
Grafter

And welcome back too Smiley
rammie1976
Grafter

Eek!!! Help please?
I've just had my credit card stopped this morning (someone trying to make a fraudulent transaction on it at Carphone Warehouse apparently!) and my new one won't be here for days. I'm sure it was the one who's details I entered yesterday on signing up?
What to do? Can it be changed to DD only?  Cry
James
Grafter

Can you PM me your username please?
(the new one)
rammie1976
Grafter

The new one?  Huh Doh!  Tongue  Wink
Have done, well I think I have, as there's no 'Sent Folder'.
James
Grafter

I've got it thanks Smiley
I've had a look, and it appears that we had already taken your initial fee, so your order should progress normally.
Give me a shout tomorrow and I'll double check, but I think you'll be fine, but remember to update your card details once the new card has arrived.
philipr06
Grafter

hope you have your own hardware !
went live last thursday and still waiting for router !!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@philipr06
I've updated your other thread with some more info and also replied to your ticket.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rammie1976
Grafter

Quote from: philipr06
hope you have your own hardware !
went live last thursday and still waiting for router !!

I've got a couple actually.  Wink
Bought a 2Wire 2700HG-B off ebay for £9 cos supposedly its good for lines where the quality suffers because of line length - seems better than the old 3Com so far.  Cool