cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting TG582n

helmet

Restarting TG582n

Hi.
Does anyone know or can someone help me find out if, by power cycling the Technicolor TG582n, it will reconnect to the internet?
I was wanting to reboot it via remote administration but before I could stop myself, I had hit the Disconnect button! Yes, I called myself that, too!
So, in it's current state, powered up but disconnected, will it attempt to connect if the power is removed and re-applied or will it 'remember' and stay disconnected? The only person I know closer to it than I is capable of flicking the mains switch if this will work but otherwise I'm going to have to drive to site to log into it locally to re-establish the connection. I don't think they would manage a factory reset.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Al
2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Restarting TG582n

Can't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Restarting TG582n

Does anyone know or can someone help me find out if, by power cycling the Technicolor TG582n, it will reconnect to the internet?

It's not the best way to do it but it should work, yes. The other way if that fails would require more explanation to do as that would involve logging into the router's config page and clicking the "connect" button shown in there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team