cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset of TG585v7 no internet

FIXED
leslittle

Reset of TG585v7 no internet

Hi I had a red light on internet support told me to enter administrator as username and the CP code on box but it just keeps saying wrong user name or password, tried numerous combinations administrator and blank box, and all the others, but nothing so I have reset my box now I have a green light but still no internet, help been like this since last friday

4 REPLIES 4
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Reset of TG585v7 no internet

Fix

Hi @leslittle, I'm sorry for the issues being experienced when trying to get online and trying to log in to your router.

Can you please again factory reset your router (using reset hole on the back) and then follow the steps below again immediately after.

1) Open up a webpage and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.254

2) When you connect to this page, you will be prompted for a Username and Password. The username is 'admin' (lower case, if says 'administrator please amend) and the password is found on the back of the router and is starts 'CPXXXXXXXXX'.. please ensure the password is entered in upper case.

3) On the left, click the option that reads 'Broadband Connections' followed by 'Internet Services'

4) On the far right click the button that says 'Disconnect' so that it changes to 'Connect'

If it is already reads 'Connect' then you can leave this as is.

5) Click View More and this will prompt you for your username and password. Your username which is username@plusdsl.net and your account password and then press 'Connect'

Can you please let us know if the issue then persists.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
leslittle

Thank you for your response I will try this again when I get home

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks, let us know how this goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
leslittle

Hi Lauren

Thank you this is now working