Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Reset of Speed Profile

darkcircuituk
Dabbler

Requesting Reset of Speed Profile

Hey all,
Hope I am requesting this in the right section.
Over the weekend I made some changes to the wiring in my house in order to hopefully claw back some speed on my awful sub 2mb/s connection. Do I need to contact plus.net letting them know that my line needs to be retested in order to see a speed increase (if any)? My speed seems to be a constant 1.87mbps no matter what I do to improve it so I'm guessing it has been capped at that as it did provides the most stable connection, but seeing as I just made changes I'm hoping that cap will increase.
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Requesting Reset of Speed Profile

Hi there,
I've checked over your connection and your speeds should be around the 3M/bs mark. Are you currently connecting wired or wireless and is this on more than one device?
Chris
darkcircuituk
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply. I'm using a wired 1gbps connection and I have two PCs connected via a switch upstairs to the router downstairs. Due to an issue with the wiring in my house I have to use a BT accelerator and connect directly into the master-socket otherwise my broadband speed drops to around 0.3mpbs. I had the master-socket moved at the weekend so now there is about 0.5m of RJ11 cable connecting the router to the master-socket. During my last BT visit I had 4.5mbps when he left, but within 12hrs it had gone back down to sub 2 Sad
Dave
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Dave,
I've placed a SNR on your line as it's been stable and the noise margin was little high, this will take around four hours to complete and hopefully we'll see an improvement.
darkcircuituk
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your help yesterday, checked when I got in last night and it was 2.87mbps, will keep monitoring it in case it goes back down again.
Dave