Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to PlusNet to adjust my line please

FIXED
very452001
Grafter

Re: Request to PlusNet to adjust my line please

No need to restart the router? Does restarting the router automatically disconnect/connect like you said?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Once we reset your line or change your profile setting, usually all you need to do is drop the PPP session, rather than completely drop sync and the PPP session by rebooting the router. Either method would work, though.  Smiley

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
very452001
Grafter

Yeah I did that method that is disconnecting and connecting (PPP Session) and have noticed speeds have gone up thanks.

Yeah I think its best not to restart the router as that will drop sync like you said causing the Auto Digital Line Management to activate and kick in thinking something gone wrong and hence making the connection worse.

If I drop the PPP session myself manually will that cause Digital Line Management to kick in?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

It shouldn't do, nope.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
very452001
Grafter

Ok cheers,

What do you mean by reset the line?

Can Digital Line Management reset/change a phone line or profile without notifying the customer?

Also what Profile am I on at the moment? I like to be on the Profile best suited for Online Gaming please.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Your profile will always be set to what DLM thinks is the optimum profile for your line. It checks the stability of your line on a regular basis, so it's not really rational to advise when it changes.

@Anoush has basically given your line a fresh start. Now the line should be fault free, your profile should give you an optimal connection.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
very452001
Grafter

Ok many thanks, just to Clarify Anoush has reset my line or did i reset it when i disconnect/connect the ppp session on my router?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Anoush reset the line from his side.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I think @Chris made this change Smiley

When you reboot your router or drop your PPP session, this essentially allows your router to accept this new change in speed.

very452001
Grafter

Ok Fantastic, Finally lets say in future the kids or the pet dog accidently pulled out router plug which can cause the Digital Line Management to think there's a Drop in Sync hence its making changes to the line that could effect the expected performance speeds.

In that scenario the customer has to manually connect/disconnect the PPP session and ask for the line to be reset and ask for a profile?

If that's the case is there any options/settings on the PlusNet website Member Centre that covers these?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fix
In that scenario, we would reset the line/ensure the profile was set correctly then you would disconnect/reconnect the PPP session.
However the DLM shouldn't react to 1 or 2 drops in sync to be honest. But if it does, yep we can do.

There aren't any tools that allow you to make changes to your line on the member centre unfortunately, however you can complete the broadband troubleshooter at http://faults.plus.net to raise a fault to us as it's always better to look to resolve the underlying issue.
very452001
Grafter

Great Fantastic, thanks for all the advice.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem Smiley

very452001
Grafter

Earlier on I experienced the same problem that is Internet speeds went super slow then I did that suggestion which is disconnect/reconnect on the router page and speeds went back to normal. Do I need to ask PlusNet to reset my line as well to make sure everything is ok?

Why does this happen? Is it my router fault or fault at PlusNet side?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If your speeds have gone back to normal then us resetting your line won't help.

This could be the router, it could be the line anywhere along the length, it's not easy to say I'm afraid.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.