cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported spam not being deleted

Bookman
Grafter

Reported spam not being deleted

I've got my email settings for spam to be deleted and Postini is doing a good job of identifying spam. Some spam messages still get into my Webmail Inbox and I report these by clicking the "Spam" button. I've clicked "Yes" to "Delete Spam After Reporting" in my Webmail Display Preferences - but after reporting they get sent to my Spam box instead of being deleted. Why does the action contradict the setting?  Huh
10 REPLIES 10
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Reported spam not being deleted

The author of the FastForward utility has asked (on your other thread) for questions like this to be addressed directly to him.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Why should problems with Plusnet's webmail be reported to anyone other than Plusnet? Huh
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ChrisL
Rising Star

No "should" about it, I guess. But if the problem is with the utility, it might be fixed quicker by going to Neo?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re-read the first post please. He's reporting a problem with webmail NOT FastForward!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Not applicable

But the problem isn't with the utility, the OP states he has a problem with webmail.
The utility is only for mail clients isn't it?
Not applicable

Incidentally, I just reported an unread message as spam with the option set to delete the message after forwarding.
It marked it as read the first time I hit the spam button, the second time it deleted it.
Both times it sent the relevant mail to the spam box.
Bookman
Grafter

Thanks everyone for discussing this in my absence (out of the office later yesterday).
ChrisL, are you confusing me with someone else perhaps? In your first post you refer to my "other thread" and give a link. It's not my thread but I see there is a user there called "hatman" - reason for confusion?
My reported spam disappears from the Inbox after reporting but appears in the Spam box instead of being deleted from the server altogether. I have not asked for a copy to be placed in my Spam box, so why does it re-appear there?
ChrisL
Rising Star

I'll get my head right in a minute....  Roll_eyes
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I have something similar happen just now and again. When I report non-spam in the Spam folder as notspam I have it set to be moved to the Inbox so we can collect it via POP download. It always gets moved to the Inbox OK but sometimes still shows in the Spam folder. Clicking the notspam button a second time always removes it but also copies it in into the Inbox again, so I just delete the 'old' copy now.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Bookman
Grafter

I know my spam problem seems to be no big deal and I can delete it from the Spam box but I suppose I must be old-fashioned in thinking that something should work. And when this sort of small thing is ignored by a company I know that it is probably ignoring some of the bigger more difficult things. It's like ISPs are still in the old days of the British and American car companies when customers had to put up with little niggley things - after all, they were only customers. Then one day the Japanese car companies came along...
Any Japanese-owned ISPs out there?  Grin