cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated downtime - connection cuts out every month since jan :(

fayekieran
Hooked

Repeated downtime - connection cuts out every month since jan :(

I’m having an issue where the router flashes red, the internet starts going on and off.. sometimes it comes back on but the upload speed drops to about 25kb and it’s impossible to work... this seems to happen every month.. then we call plusnet, an engineer comes out, tells us the problem is fixed and then the support case is closed.. and then 4 weeks later it happens again. Last time the guy replaced the box on our wall and said that was the issue... but now it’s happened again. Super frustrating as have not been able to get a proper explanation of what’s going on.. but it’s not on our end. We’re not doing anything to make it happen... We live in central london so it’s not a remote area... and we’re all working from home so internet downtime is a disaster. It flashes red, goes off, then comes back on, then goes off... continual page time outs.. impossible to download emails etc. We’ve been tethering from 4G for past few days.

The customer service people have been really lovely but I can’t face having to call up and wait in for an engineer again and again every month.. we just need a reliable connection. it’s making me think we need to change service providers... has anyone else had this issue? Seems to have only started in last 4 months.