Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Banded Profile

bbrazil
Dabbler

Removing Banded Profile

Hello,
I am having issues with download speed on my Plusnet Premium account. My broadband has been active for about 3 months and I have never been able to get download speed of greater than about 1600 kbps at best. I have a separate telephone line in my house which has BT Broadband. On this line I get about 5000 - 6000 kbps download speed. I would therefore assume that I could achieve similar speeds on the Plusnet broadband line. Both lines are connected to the same exchange coming down the same wires until they reach the house.
I have raised a ticket and support have said that BT have put a banded profile on the Plusnet broadband line. Does anyone know how long it takes to remove the banded profile? It has taken two months for Plusnet to get this far on this ticket. It normally takes about a week for them to reply to any emails when responding to their ticket. Is this level of support normal?
Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Removing Banded Profile

Welcome to the Forums,
I take it you are on ADSL2 as that is where the expression Banded Profile is normally used
Can you post your router stats?  if you are not sure how see http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
bbrazil
Dabbler

Hi,
thanks for your reply. Yes I am on ADSL2.
Here are my stats:
ADSL Information      ( SDSLADSL Firmware Version:  232201_A) 
  ATM Statistics TX Cells RX Cells TX CRC errs RX CRC errs
  1069224 9945240 0 38909
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDSL StatusADSL Status Mode State Up Speed Down Speed SNR Margin Loop Att.
  ADSL2(G.992.3) SHOWTIME 440000 2360000 6 36
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Looking at the ticket, the banding was removed but then readded due to instability. I can see we've identified the next steps on the ticket now too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.